Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 24 Oct 2017 (Tuesday) 17:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thinking of switching from YN to godox

HelenOster
That's me!
4,416 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 12, 2017 10:08 |  #16

Osa713 wrote in post #18492636 (external link)
Adorama are the real MVP's, top notch customer service.

:-D Thanks! Always good to hear

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

ShutterKlick
198 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2017

Nov 12, 2017 13:51 |  #17

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4520/38368227591_04436738d0_b.jpg

12 year old Nikon D50, with Godox X1T-N and TT600.

First time out fielding the Godox gear, it was SUCH a joy to be able to cut flash on and off, and ADJUST POWER from the camera!

The Flashpoint gear, is same as Godox but with different support... both will behave the same so you pick what you are comfortable with.

In the end, I am LOVING this setup!

I have 3 TT600's and will be setting up indoor studio this evening to experiment and make notes of settings.

Regards,
Andrew

"Camera rich, Cash poor"
http://shutterklick.co​m (external link)

flyboy70
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Nov 2017

Nov 27, 2017 07:25 |  #18

hi guys, as many here, i am also thinking of going from the YN602's to XPro commander and X1R's.
I will need the following features, but despite a lot of looking i cant see if godox will offer what i need.

Nikon D700 including Remote Shutter control.
normal HSS and CONTROL between camera & YN560 (version 1)
normal HSS and CONTROL between camera & Nikon SB600
CONTROL over thirdparty studio flash heads - NOT JUST TRIGGER FUNCTION.

question - can i CONTROL the studio heads via the X1R & sync cord?

thanks in advance

Nigel.

inkista
544 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 4 months ago by inkista.

Nov 27, 2017 17:12 |  #19

flyboy70 wrote in post #18505016 (external link)
hi guys, as many here, i am also thinking of going from the YN602's to XPro commander and X1R's.
I will need the following features, but despite a lot of looking i cant see if godox will offer what i need.

Nikon D700 including Remote Shutter control.

To do remote shutter, you need another X1T/X1R set; Tx as shutter remote; Rx to cable to shutter release port.

normal HSS and CONTROL between camera & YN560 (version 1)

Nope. Then again, NOTHING can control a YN-560 I in HSS, since it can't do HSS. Period. You are asking for the impossible, here.

normal HSS and CONTROL between camera & Nikon SB600

This you can have with an X1R on the SB-600, but only if you're using a Nikon camera. You can't cross-brand with the X1R receivers.

CONTROL over thirdparty studio flash heads - NOT JUST TRIGGER FUNCTION.

Only if the third-party is Godox and the studio flash is in the X triggering system (i.e., is an AD200, AD360II, AD600/AD600M, or is a GSII, SKII, DPII, QSII or QTII series monolight). The AD lights will give you TTL/HSS. The QTII give HSS. All do remote power control.

can i CONTROL the studio heads via the X1R & sync cord?

No. Studio heads don't have a flash foot, so all you can use an X1R for is a manual-only cabled receiver. Sync ports on flashes are always manual-only. They can only communicate the sync and ground signals, so they can't be used for remote power control, TTL, or HSS. If you're using a PC or 3.5mm or 2.5mm connection, it's a manual-only one. IIRC, on PC, the center pin is sync, the outer ring is ground; on miniplugs the tip is sync and the base is ground.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

ksbal
Goldmember
2,251 posts
Gallery: 256 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010
Post edited 4 months ago by ksbal.

Nov 28, 2017 08:35 as a reply to  @ flyboy70's post |  #20

I think you will find, as I did, that the switch has to be made 'all in' as it were. I gave up both canon flashes and yn triggers and switched - I got a 860II and two 850II's and went ahead and decided to sell my ultra 1200's and manual flashes to make it all godox after I had a day to play with them. The build on the li-on flash units is stout. the ability to ttl, manual, and hss either is mind blowing, and for the price, two 400W strobes, with R2 built in is just unbelievable. xpro1 on camera, everything will be remote changeable, and that will make my life much easier.

Yes, I'm taking a hit, but I've well used the other stuff, and it is worth it to switch. I'm keeping one set of strobes I know I can HyperSync with, and getting a xr1 for those, but they are studio use.

I will definitely be getting some sort of AD200/AD600 in the future to complete my needs, but wow, less weight, less batteries, easier master trigger, it just doesn't get better.

YN622 English User Guide/Manual by Clive
https://drive.google.c​om …Ig0gMMzZFaDVlZ1​VNTE0/view (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

11,432 views & 6 likes for this thread
Thinking of switching from YN to godox
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.