Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 14 Nov 2017 (Tuesday) 14:42
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

5DsR memory card settings

I ­ Simonius
Weather Sealed Photographer
Joined Feb 2005
On a Small Blue Planet with Small Blue People With Small Blue Eyes
Nov 14, 2017 14:42 |  #1

yes I have read the manual

However , I'm still not sure which setting does exactly what. Sometimes I think I understand and have it right then something goes wrong so..

How do I record the RAW file to CF card and jpgs to the SD card?

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. - Albert Einstein" - yes, but why?
My Snaps external link My Gear ----external link

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Post has been edited 28 days ago by mdvaden.
Nov 18, 2017 14:05 |  #2

I Simonius wrote in post #18496406 (external link)
yes I have read the manual

However , I'm still not sure which setting does exactly what. Sometimes I think I understand and have it right then something goes wrong so..

How do I record the RAW file to CF card and jpgs to the SD card?

Typically, I shoot both file types to both cards. I often see what's on Youtube, but don't see anything from there to share. I'm partially guessing, but grabbed my 5DS, and this is what I'd try. Go > to the Menu and set it to record separately. Looks like the only menu option that fits. Then out of the menu, I hit the "Q" button on the back o where I change settings, and selected the camera camera card part in the lower right. The toggle button up / down switches between CF or SD. Toggling to the left / right highlights the file type and size on the right. Rolling the wheel on the back of the camera changes between RAW sizes, JPG sizes or both, per card. Don't quote me on this, but I think that should work.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

I ­ Simonius
THREAD ­ STARTER
Weather Sealed Photographer
Joined Feb 2005
On a Small Blue Planet with Small Blue People With Small Blue Eyes
Nov 23, 2017 15:01 as a reply to mdvaden's post |  #3

Thanks a lot for your answer

:)

I have trilled and error it to death now and think I have got it and yes it does seem your suggestions were on the button

thanks again for taking the time to answer

:)

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. - Albert Einstein" - yes, but why?
My Snaps external link My Gear ----external link

799 views & 1 like for this thread
5DsR memory card settings
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.