Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 22 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 08:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Software to add text to video (bonus question of audio lowpass)

travisvwright
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Nov 22, 2017 08:47 |  #1

I've shot with my 6d and 85mm. Took the footage into Resolve to do editing/coloring. But I wan't to put up a running tally in the lower corner. Something I could use to mark at this point in the video I want this text/number then at this point change to this text etc.

Also I want to take the high hiss out with an audio lowpass filter what software would you use for that. Right now I'm considering finishing edits, exporting just the audio, pulling it into Reaper, modifying, exporting, then muting the audio on the video and adding the modified audio track. But that seems a bit cumbersome for simple hiss reduction.

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, T3i, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

SailingAway
287 posts
Joined Sep 2013
Post has been edited 1 month ago by SailingAway.
Nov 22, 2017 11:54 |  #2

Traditionally, this was called a timecode window burn. Blackmagic calls it a data burn, because there are a few other options besides timecode.Click the "flame" icon, right side of the toolbar on the color page. There are options.

You can access a parametric EQ from the Mixer, or, adjust clip EQ. Details in the audio chapter of the manual (external link). Probably a good resource.

If you’ve not updated to the latest version of Resolve you should - that’s where some of the audio goodness was added ;-)a

From the upper left corner of the U.S.
Photos, Video & Pano r us.
College and workshop instructor in video and audio.
70D, Sigma 8mm, Tokina f2.8 11-16, Canon EF-S f2.8 17-55, Sigma f2.8 50-150 EX OS, Tamron 150-600VC. Gigapan Epic Pro, Nodal Ninja 5 & R10.

travisvwright
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Nov 22, 2017 15:47 |  #3

SailingAway wrote in post #18501923 (external link)
Traditionally, this was called a timecode window burn. Blackmagic calls it a data burn, because there are a few other options besides timecode.Click the "flame" icon, right side of the toolbar on the color page. There are options.

You can access a parametric EQ from the Mixer, or, adjust clip EQ. Details in the audio chapter of the manual (external link). Probably a good resource.

If you’ve not updated to the latest version of Resolve you should - that’s where some of the audio goodness was added ;-)a

Excellent. No I haven't updated in over a year I'd guess. This is awesome, I was thinking I'd have to use 4 different programs to get this done. Thank you.

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, T3i, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

845 views & 0 likes for this thread
Software to add text to video (bonus question of audio lowpass)
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.