Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 26 Nov 2017 (Sunday) 17:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Wife and daughter, again...

Evertking
Joined Jul 2016
Post has been edited 20 days ago by Evertking.
Nov 26, 2017 17:02 |  #1

Still practicing my Photoshop.. I think I like the colors from the last image. I been playing with Look up tables and Photoshop really is a source of endless possibilities. But as much time as I have put in I still can not get close to Elena Shumilova's work.. which I love!! Also like Lisa Holloway, Venter.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
kmilo
177 posts
Joined Nov 2009
Albany, NY
Nov 26, 2017 17:04 |  #2

i like it

Kris
I can barely afford this hobby. flickr (external link)

Pippan
Joined Oct 2015
Darwin, Australia
Nov 26, 2017 17:39 |  #3

Evertking wrote in post #18504650 (external link)
Still practicing my Photoshop.. I think I like the colors from the last image. I been playing with Look up tables and Photoshop really is a source of endless possibilities. But as much time as I have put in I still can not get close to Elena Shumilova's work.. which I love!! Also like Lisa Holloway, Venter.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Evertking in
./showthread.php?p=185​04650&i=i40427231
forum: People

Love it. That picture is really well done.

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Nov 27, 2017 05:18 |  #4

Evertking wrote in post #18504650 (external link)

Don't try to copy other people's style. There is nothing wrong with your own.......let it develop as it does.

Your work has greatly improved, remember that it is yours. You don't need for it to look like someone else's. ;-)a

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com ...282@N06/with/382034​70844/ (external link)

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Nov 27, 2017 06:03 |  #5

saea501 wrote in post #18504982 (external link)
Don't try to copy other people's style. There is nothing wrong with your own.......let it develop as it does.

Your work has greatly improved, remember that it is yours. You don't need for it to look like someone else's. ;-)a

My view is that copying can be a very important learning tool and useful in building a personal style.

If you first understand what is involved in producing the essential 'look' and 'feel' of another person's work, you are likely to emerge better equipped to develop a style of your own. Copying has long been part of the process of learning in the visual arts ... although there is still plenty of debate around it, as well as ethical issues that need to be properly handled.

I came across this article: http://jakehicksphotog​raphy.com ...eing-proud-to-copy-others (external link). I found it very interesting and thought-provoking.

Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

ICee
Joined May 2006
Newcastle upon tyne uk
Nov 27, 2017 11:44 |  #6

A very atmospheric shot.

Thorrulz
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2009
The Land of the "Go Big Red!"
Dec 10, 2017 11:35 |  #7

Love this image, I think Elena Shumilova would also say you are well on your way to being a great photographer in your own way. I think of Elena Shumilova's work as timeless as Norman Rockwell's images in they have such a look that pulls you into work while viewing.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

sponsored links

863 views & 15 likes for this thread
Wife and daughter, again...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.