Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 14 Nov 2011 (Monday) 15:05
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Elinchrom Users Only (Mark IV)

fotopaul
396 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Stockholm/Sweden
Post has been edited 2 months ago by fotopaul.
Oct 13, 2017 02:29 |  #10051

sincity wrote in post #18471449 (external link)
Digging that 195CM indirect.. I still have to figure out the modification to fit it to a lollipop or grip head.

Do you mean the D200 grip head mod ?

If so it's just to remove the original swivel mount and take a 10mm drill to make the hole wider (about 0.5mm) to get enough clearance for the D200 griphead shaft.

I'v done it on all my Indirect's including these two new Litemotiv versions.

Instagram (external link)
Blog (external link)

sponsored links
fotopaul
396 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Stockholm/Sweden
Oct 13, 2017 02:38 |  #10052

Angmo wrote in post #18471444 (external link)
Beauty. I’ve got to get the big indirect one soon. Just spoke with a store manager for setting up a fashion shoot. Either an Elinchrom or Bron. I’m thinking Eli. I just need very large beautiful light.

Cool, I'm sure you love the Elinchrom Litemotiv, but for fashion it may be worth looking at the (direct) Litemotiv 190 though. I have the 120 and i really like the focused and contrasty output from it.

Blog (external link)

abbadon31
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Oct 13, 2017 11:35 |  #10053

Unit they change the foil from flaking and costing more money to buy replacements I will stick my other brand I use now. This could be a reason for the close out and new stock coming in

I AM SHOM

fotopaul
396 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Stockholm/Sweden
Oct 13, 2017 11:49 |  #10054

abbadon31 wrote in post #18471914 (external link)
Unit they change the foil from flaking and costing more money to buy replacements I will stick my other brand I use now. This could be a reason for the close out and new stock coming in

For someone who claims to have inside information.. you don't know much about Elinchrom that's for sure. The flaking of the foil was an issue years ago. It was fixed by the grey seems you now see at the edges of the hole where you mount the speedring.

I already stated the reasons why earlier in this thread, so no need to come with ignorant guesses.

Blog (external link)

abbadon31
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Oct 13, 2017 12:59 |  #10055

fotopaul wrote in post #18471922 (external link)
For someone who claims to have inside information.. you don't know much about Elinchrom that's for sure. The flaking of the foil was an issue years ago. It was fixed by the grey seems you now see at the edges of the hole where you mount the speedring.

I already stated the reasons why earlier in this thread, so no need to come with ignorant guesses.

Sorry you got your butt hurt, but get over it.

I have old and newer version and i still have the same problems, but I guess I use my gear more then most.

I AM SHOM

fotopaul
396 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Stockholm/Sweden
Oct 13, 2017 13:11 |  #10056

abbadon31 wrote in post #18471964 (external link)

I have old and newer version and i still have the same problems, but I guess I use my gear more then most.

Nothing is hurt, but thanks for the consideration. Yeah that must be it... you must be a using them much more than all my colleagues and professionals that use the Rotalux boxes on daily basis... :rolleyes::-P

I pretty much have the whole range of rotalux boxes along with the litemotiv boxes I have had two Rotalux boxes purchased over a decade ago where the foil started to come off, got them both replaced by Elinchrom (just registered my products online) the warranty was void by years still they replaced them without any hassle.

So unless you have some more false information you want to share about Elinchrom i think we are done.

Blog (external link)

simonbarker
124 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Oct 13, 2017 21:29 |  #10057

fotopaul wrote in post #18470214 (external link)
There are high quality grids available for just about every size of their softboxes from LT.

Which holds true for every brand as Lighttools will happily sell you their grids.

The major difference is for a lot of Elinchrom softboxes third party is the only choice and it more than doubles the cost of the softbox, I love the quality but it's still a nuisance.

Angmo
Joined Dec 2015
AZ-USA
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Angmo.
Oct 13, 2017 22:54 |  #10058

simonbarker wrote in post #18472223 (external link)
Which holds true for every brand as Lighttools will happily sell you their grids.

The major difference is for a lot of Elinchrom softboxes third party is the only choice and it more than doubles the cost of the softbox, I love the quality but it's still a nuisance.

I’m Gonna buy some material, design and make one myself. Can’t be that difficult. Wife has a $1k sewing machine that should make short work of it.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms

fotopaul
396 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Stockholm/Sweden
Oct 14, 2017 00:29 |  #10059

simonbarker wrote in post #18472223 (external link)

Well, not exactly but you can order a custom fit for less known brands.

While it certainly wouldn't hurt for Elinchrom to offer their own standard grids, I very much doub their own grids would be so much cheaper if they where to make them equal to the LT grids in terms of quality, rigidness, and ease of setup.

For me it's not really an issue as if find the Rotalux prices extremely competitive, and I'm not buying grids for my Indirect Litemotivs.. :-P

Blog (external link)

abbadon31
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Oct 14, 2017 00:29 |  #10060

fotopaul wrote in post #18471976 (external link)
Nothing is hurt, but thanks for the consideration. Yeah that must be it... you must be a using them much more than all my colleagues and professionals that use the Rotalux boxes on daily basis... :rolleyes::-P

I pretty much have the whole range of rotalux boxes along with the litemotiv boxes I have had two Rotalux boxes purchased over a decade ago where the foil started to come off, got them both replaced by Elinchrom (just registered my products online) the warranty was void by years still they replaced them without any hassle.

So unless you have some more false information you want to share about Elinchrom i think we are done.

So your telling my opinion and my info is false becasue it don't match your opinion. Seams like we have come to impasse and until other people start talking were at a stalemate. Thank you for your input.

I AM SHOM

fotopaul
396 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Stockholm/Sweden
Oct 14, 2017 00:41 |  #10061

abbadon31 wrote in post #18472288 (external link)
So your telling my opinion and my info is false becasue it don't match your opinion. Seams like we have come to impasse and until other people start talking were at a stalemate. Thank you for your input.

You'r entitled to your opinion of course, but we are not talking about opinion we are talking about facts regarding why the Deep octa was seemed to be replaced by a "new" version. Your guess was simply wrong, regardless of what opinion it's based on. Furthermore, i already stated why, so there really is no need for you to huff and puff your own theories.

Cute remarks like you use them more than most.. is amusing at best. I've used the Rotalux way before they were widely available in the states.

Blog (external link)

Angmo
Joined Dec 2015
AZ-USA
Oct 14, 2017 20:53 |  #10062

abbadon31 wrote in post #18471964 (external link)

Would this issue also involve the new LiteMotives...? I’m looking at that big 190cm.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms

abbadon31
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Oct 15, 2017 01:42 |  #10063

I've had it happen on one of my elinchrom litemotiv. Lets say sometime you might get a bad apple don't mean the whole batch is bad. Buy what works best for you and don't let other people tell you what to buy.

I was a big Eli user, but now moved to something that works better for me.

I AM SHOM

F2Bthere
760 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Nov 27, 2017 02:02 |  #10064

Still using Elinchrom:).

One light set up. Ranger in Deep Octa 150. Chasing that painterly light.

https://www.instagram.​com ...en-by=storyinpictures_com (external link)

C&C always welcomed...
On my images, of course, and on my words as well--as long as it's constructive :).
https://www.instagram.​com/storyinpictures_co​m/ (external link)

ted ­ krazonowski
Joined Jun 2011
Devon UK
Post has been edited 20 days ago by ted krazonowski.
Nov 27, 2017 18:12 |  #10065

After over thirty five years of being a Multiblitz user (both 'P' & 'V' mount) I've decided to move (slowly) to Elinchrom, for reasons I won't bore people with! I'll still be keeping hold of my old lights, just intend to bolster my stock with Elinchrom now and jumped in at the two extremes, I have a D-Lite One & a ELC Pro HD 500. The One was bought as I needed a head with a small form factor and low power to use in those hard to get places and the 500 for its 'creative' modes, short recycle time and flash duration. I'm no stranger to using Elinchrom, having borrowed, hired or used them in other peoples studios over the years (as well a many other brands) so knew what to expect and certainly the controls were no mystery, though the 500 did take a quick read through the manual. As for modifiers, well I'll just get some speed rings for my current sofboxes and have already put together an EL to 'V' mount adapter (half an hour with a hack saw, file & drill to graft an old EL speedring onto a 'V' mount) so I can use some of my current modifiers;

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

the real meexternal link

sponsored links

929,239 views & 89 likes for this thread
Elinchrom Users Only (Mark IV)
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.