Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 27 Nov 2017 (Monday) 22:05
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Taffy and I are going places

Evertking
Joined Jul 2016
Post has been edited 14 days ago by Evertking.
Nov 27, 2017 22:05 |  #1

x
TOO LARGE!
EMBED PREVENTED, IMAGE TOO LARGE:
http://i64.tinypic.com​/30b3gbq.jpg
Click here to see our image rules.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Post has been edited 13 days ago by saea501.
Nov 28, 2017 05:46 |  #2

I love this........except.......for the sun. I think that it just looks too fake, which nearly kills it. You also have a bit of a halo along the tree line that maybe needs to be addressed.

I would suggest taking another go at the sun to make it look more natural. The concept is great as is the overall execution.

You're very close to having a really killer picture here.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com ...282@N06/with/382034​70844/ (external link)

Evertking
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2016
Post has been edited 13 days ago by Evertking.
Nov 28, 2017 13:53 as a reply to saea501's post |  #3

Yeah, this was my first go at a composite and I was ready to pull my hair out. Lol.. any advice on how to match the highlights... Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for.. just the color from one image to the other? The sky in this image was my 4th one to have tried cause the others that I liked just did not work after I got them in there. They just looked about as fake as the sun in this one lol..

I hope that makes sense.. just the color, the color temp maybe.. i googled sunset sky and I could not get ANY of them to look natural AT ALL..

SteveKoshlap
Mostly Lurking
Joined Oct 2017
Nov 28, 2017 14:41 as a reply to Evertking's post |  #4

Evert-
As an alternate version, you might try cropping the sky down a lot- like to the base of the sun. Instead of fighting the color balance, you might try making this into more of a magic hour light- warm it way up and less light/darker on the right side. One thing that catches my eye is the repeating pattern in the mountains on the left side. I really like the little dust cloud she's kicking up!
-Steve

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Nov 28, 2017 15:02 |  #5

SteveKoshlap wrote in post #18506039 (external link)
One thing that catches my eye is the repeating pattern in the mountains on the left side. I really like the little dust cloud she's kicking up!

I'd decided that it was the roofs of a housing development after looking quite closely. I think these composite images are really difficult to get right.

Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

Evertking
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2016
Nov 28, 2017 22:25 as a reply to DaviSto's post |  #6

Those are grain bins.

Evertking
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2016
Nov 28, 2017 22:27 |  #7

SteveKoshlap wrote in post #18506039 (external link)
Evert-
As an alternate version, you might try cropping the sky down a lot- like to the base of the sun. Instead of fighting the color balance, you might try making this into more of a magic hour light- warm it way up and less light/darker on the right side. One thing that catches my eye is the repeating pattern in the mountains on the left side. I really like the little dust cloud she's kicking up!
-Steve

Yeah, I just learned that "dust trick" in Photoshop.. and had to tone it down a bit. At first I had her throwing some serious dust, looked like she was running down the road lol

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Nov 29, 2017 05:33 as a reply to Evertking's post |  #8

Maybe you don't need a sun. Her shadow doesn't really match the angle of the sun anyway. Her shadow puts the sun almost out of the picture. Have you tried it with no sun?

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com ...282@N06/with/382034​70844/ (external link)

DaviSto
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Nov 29, 2017 06:18 |  #9

Evertking wrote in post #18506389 (external link)
Those are grain bins.

Ah ... that makes sense. Something man-made. I didn't think it was a failed attempt at faking mountains! :-)

DaviSto
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Nov 29, 2017 06:21 |  #10

saea501 wrote in post #18506498 (external link)
Maybe you don't need a sun. Her shadow doesn't really match the angle of the sun anyway. Her shadow puts the sun almost out of the picture. Have you tried it with no sun?

I also think trying it without the sun in the image could be worthwhile. The shadow angle and the sun don't quite work in any case, as saea501 notes. I noticed the bear isn't casting any visible shadow but that could be because the (real) sun is so low in the sky.

sponsored links

658 views & 5 likes for this thread
Taffy and I are going places
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.