Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands
Thread started 28 Nov 2017 (Tuesday) 13:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

From 6D --> D750 for Wedding Photography

intence01
143 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Post has been edited 18 days ago by intence01.
Nov 30, 2017 01:38 |  #16

Why are you getting rid of the Sigma ART? I believe it's sharper than the Nikon 35mm 1.4. I'm pretty sure Sigma can swap the mount for you for a small cost (from Canon to Nikon).

Keep in mind that the D750 has been around for several years now, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a replacement on the horizon.

I shot a D750 for a few years (I bought it shortly after release) and am moving back to Canon. When I throw all the specs and features out the window and look at the images I loved best, I had more from the Canon camp than anywhere else. Data points are really good at telling us how much DR a camera has, but it can't measure the intangible parts of an image such as how it's rendered, the 3d effect, etc.

The 135 is truly magical. I would consider renting the D750 for a weekend before taking the plunge.

lucky7
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2009
Metro Detroit
Post has been edited 18 days ago by lucky7.
Nov 30, 2017 09:32 |  #17

I only use the center point AF on my 5d. I switched the AF button to the rear of the camera about a year ago and couldn't be happier. The lenses I use have manual overrides, so I focus quickly with the center point, recompose, then micro-adjust manually. Seems to work for me most of the time.

I also have an old Minolta with a split-screen prism. It is indeed awesome when shooting straight on, however, recomposing doesn't seem to work for me. I always get the focus wrong, lol. (50mm f2)

The 6d seems like the perfect wedding camera, IMO. I love my 5d, but if it did high ISO like the 6d.....it would be even better. :D

-Dane
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/danevan/external linkhttp://www.flickr.com/​photos/11028609@N05/external link

PNPhotography
Joined Sep 2007
central PA
Post has been edited 17 days ago by PNPhotography.
Nov 30, 2017 18:13 |  #18

Chexjc,
I shot with the 6d for years and the past year I bought a Nikon D750.To me the only real upgrade between these 2 camera's for my type of shooting are the 2 card slots on the Nikon and the low ISO better dynamic range.As you know the center point on the 6D is pretty darn good and so is the center point on the Nikon,Yeah the Nikon has more cross type points but they are really tight in the middle so I don't see much advantage there.High ISO are a wash but to me I like Canon Colours better.Maybe you should try a D750 before you buy one-ergonomically/handling I'm not too impressed but you can get used to it.Hope this helps.BTW for $1499 with grip the D750 is one hellava bargain right now!!!

6D|7D|7DMKII|Nikon D750|Nikon 85 F1.8|Nikon D5500|G15| Gripped|300F4|35F2IS|8​5 F1.8|135L F2|200L F2.8|17-55 F2.8|70-200L F2.8 MKII|430EX|
https://www.facebook.c​om ...2755174446/?ref=boo​kmarks (external link)

553 views & 3 likes for this thread
From 6D --> D750 for Wedding Photography
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.