Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 01 Dec 2017 (Friday) 06:45
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

ISS flyover Nov-30-2017 SE Michigan

mtbdudex
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2009
SE Michigan
Post has been last edited 14 days ago by mtbdudex. 3 edits done in total.
Dec 01, 2017 06:45 |  #1

It's been a while since I've captured the ISS, it was due to flyover last evening 6:16pm - 6:21pm motion was southwest to north east, so I let my family/friends know via facebook so they could also go outside and see it.

Put's into perspective when you see it people are living in space, and we are growing with knowledge.

The ISS was very visible on a near full moon night.
Luke (my 13 year old son) and I were outside imagining it on my Canon DSLR 70D, with ultra wide lens 11-16mm @ 11mm, f2.8 constant aperture @ f4, ISO800.
You can see us taking our selfie with the moon over our shoulder as it rose from the east.
What you see are 10 images "stacked", each image is 15 seconds with a 1 second gap as next image is taken. That is gap in streak. 1 image I showed only ISS streak, the other I showed the star rotation (actually earth rotation) over those 160 seconds.

Yes - those are moon shadows you see, like the Cat Stevens song from long time ago.

Just the ISS stacked here, used PSE 15 to do this

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I actually used StarStacker to make this, easy
HOSTED PHOTO

Mike R, P.E. ...iMac 27"(i7), iPad2, iPhone5s, 24" iMac, AppleTV(160), MacBook
Canon: 70D, T1i + lens:70-200 L f2.8 IS II / TC 1.4x 2x / 15-85 / f1.4 50 / UWA 11-16 Tokina
FEISOL tripod CT-3441S + CB-40D Ball Head, iOptron EQ tracker
My top 10 in Astrophotography. . .DIY acoustic panels (external link) . . APOD Aug-5-2011 (external link)

mtbdudex
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2009
SE Michigan
Dec 01, 2017 07:00 |  #2

Selfie of my boy and I, this was taken during the actual flyover, and you can see us in the image above
Taken with iPhone 7+ front facing selfie camera, moon blown out, our face illuminated by red light.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mike R, P.E. ...iMac 27"(i7), iPad2, iPhone5s, 24" iMac, AppleTV(160), MacBook
Canon: 70D, T1i + lens:70-200 L f2.8 IS II / TC 1.4x 2x / 15-85 / f1.4 50 / UWA 11-16 Tokina
FEISOL tripod CT-3441S + CB-40D Ball Head, iOptron EQ tracker
My top 10 in Astrophotography. . .DIY acoustic panels (external link) . . APOD Aug-5-2011 (external link)

244 views & 5 likes for this thread
ISS flyover Nov-30-2017 SE Michigan
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.