Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 06 Jul 2017 (Thursday) 16:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Orlit RT 610 problems

KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2005
Ohio
Dec 04, 2017 18:36 |  #76

KatManDEW wrote in post #18510138 (external link)
I think I figured out at least part of my problems with the RT610 yesterday. The communication problems always begin last in a session, when the battery is at half power or less. I don't know why I never noticed that before, but that's when it started yesterday, and all of a sudden I rememered that is when it has always happened in the past.

It still operates with the lower battery level, but it loses communication frequently. More and more as the batter gets even lower.

Since I am happy with the system otherwise, for the most part, I guess I will get another battery.

Looking thru photos from yesterday, and the more I think back about previous experiences with the RT610, TTL also becomes less reliable when the battery begins to become depleted.

sponsored links
KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2005
Ohio
Dec 04, 2017 18:39 |  #77

Just checking on another battery now. Wow - the battery is almost half the cost of the strobe with battery!

deejjjaaaa
145 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Steel City, Rust Belt
Dec 05, 2017 07:37 |  #78

the replacement tube that I purchased for Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) arrived (to replace the one that came broken as installed fro Adorama) and upon testing it with ORLIT TR-Q6 trigger for Sony (with updated firmware) I found that TTL is totally not working, so it seems the praise of Jinbei was way premature... and it is much worse that it was with ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL Monolight couple of month ago, much worse (it can't be called TTL at all - it failes at any aperture)... I probably will open a new topic tomorrow dedicated to TTL failures in Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) and supply raw files for public to see what we are being sold again and again... unbelievable

HelenOster
That's me!
4,350 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Dec 05, 2017 13:12 |  #79

deejjjaaaa wrote in post #18511009 (external link)
the replacement tube that I purchased for Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) arrived (to replace the one that came broken as installed fro Adorama) and upon testing it with ORLIT TR-Q6 trigger for Sony (with updated firmware) I found that TTL is totally not working, so it seems the praise of Jinbei was way premature... and it is much worse that it was with ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL Monolight couple of month ago, much worse (it can't be called TTL at all - it failes at any aperture)... I probably will open a new topic tomorrow dedicated to TTL failures in Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) and supply raw files for public to see what we are being sold again and again... unbelievable

Please send your complaints to brands@adorama.com

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOsterexternal link
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/external link

deejjjaaaa
145 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Steel City, Rust Belt
Dec 09, 2017 12:31 |  #80

HelenOster wrote in post #18511288 (external link)
Please send your complaints to brands@adorama.com

as I promised I posted the test for public to see = http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​514135

there is _NO_ TTL whatsoever in 800 AC w/ TR-Q6 for Sony... not a bit

ethompson53
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Nov 2014
Dec 11, 2017 18:37 |  #81

Not to take matters to far from the subjects being discussed. After I updated the firmware on my Orlit RT610, I saw a new addition called TTL_F in the Wireless Remote Control section. Could that be pending for Fujifillm? Is a TR-Q6 TTL Flash Trigger in the works?

deejjjaaaa
145 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Steel City, Rust Belt
Dec 13, 2017 08:39 |  #82

ethompson53 wrote in post #18515696 (external link)
Not to take matters to far from the subjects being discussed. After I updated the firmware on my Orlit RT610, I saw a new addition called TTL_F in the Wireless Remote Control section. Could that be pending for Fujifillm? Is a TR-Q6 TTL Flash Trigger in the works?

why not - competition (for Jinbei that will be Godox at the price and may be quality level) did this - so it will be reasonable for Jinbei to add TTL support for Fuji and m43 too - still some money to be made ...

KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2005
Ohio
Post has been edited 1 day ago by KatManDEW.
Dec 17, 2017 00:34 |  #83

Used the 610 this evening with speedlights for fill. Never needed the second battery. Didn't have any problems with lost RF connection, but TTL exposure was off several times, and in about every 25-30 shots it completely blew out the exposure. Fortunately we snagged quite a few keepers...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

27,570 views & 14 likes for this thread
Orlit RT 610 problems
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.