Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 23 Nov 2017 (Thursday) 21:23
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

28" Beauty Dish Efficiency, Speedlite?

MalVeauX
THREAD ­ STARTER
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Dec 05, 2017 20:26 |  #16

Update,

Received my 2nd hand 28" beauty dish today. White inside. It's a PhotoSel, similar to Fotodiox, a clone of some kind with a Bowen's mount so it hooks to my S-Bracket great. Came with a diffuser sock.

So far:

Flashpoint R2 TTL Zoom at Manual 1/1 is producing F2.8 at approximately 5 feet with the sock on.

So judging from that, with ETTL & HSS, I will probably be able to muster around F1.4 or F1.2 at 4~5 feet. Should do it. Barely!

Obviously I would be way better off with an AD200 or equivalent, and I have my 600Ws of course still that is battery, but still, looks like I might be able to actually use this with a speedlite with my fast glass.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link) :: Canon 17-40L For Sale! $380! | Canon 5D Classic Bundle for Sale! $250!

1,518 views & 10 likes for this thread
28" Beauty Dish Efficiency, Speedlite?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.