Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 19 Feb 2017 (Sunday) 17:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Camera Strap!?

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,549 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Apr 11, 2017 07:54 |  #46

Pippan wrote in post #18324811 (external link)
Time to go on a diet? :)

Women like my butt.

sponsored links
-Duck-
my head is usually in the way
Joined Apr 2016
Shelton, CT USA
Apr 11, 2017 13:30 |  #47

Yep, I've come home with more than a few 'sidewalk' shots :-D

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Unitas Photoraphy (external link)Meetup (external link)Blog (external link)Facebook (external link)Flickr (external link)500px (external link)

Anandnra
31 posts
Joined Jan 2016
Tennessee, USA
Jul 26, 2017 08:10 |  #48

OP/Tech .... reasonably priced.

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,145 posts
Joined Mar 2011
newYORK
Dec 03, 2017 23:13 |  #49

i just bought this single "slide system" by RL Handcrafts, it's leather and thick! very comfortable and stylish

single
https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...an_andino_pro_camer​a.html (external link)

a video sample of all their camera slings

SpiderMonkey
Joined Jan 2017
Pearland, Texas
Dec 04, 2017 20:29 |  #50

I use the B-Grip B-Glider, works great! http://www.bgrip.com (external link)
With the B-Grip, I can go from my sling strap to my tripod, to my monopod and back to my sling strap in seconds and most of all, it's comfortable.

conraderb
44 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Dec 06, 2017 10:47 |  #51

Do you mean thick in terms of comfort? I'm asking because I'm a huge fan of the Quick Rapid/black rapid systems, which put the camera at waist/hip level and have a very fast draw. Weight goes on the shoulders instead of the neck.

SpiderMonkey
Joined Jan 2017
Pearland, Texas
Dec 09, 2017 07:55 |  #52

Before the B-Grip, I had a Black Rapid RS-7. The Black Rapid is a nice strap and is comfortable BUT, I almost dropped my camera because of the Black Rapid strap. The strap itself is great but the problem with it is the design, the fastener that attaches the strap to the camera using the tripod mount is the problem. The locking feature for the fastener is a rubber grommet which once it moves a little, it WILL come loose.

Imagine having a couple thousand dollars dangling down by your side and one time you reach down and grip your camera, as you raise the camera up to take a picture, the strap drops from the bottom of the camera. Believe me, my heart stopped! I realized in that second how close I was to disaster. The problem was that the fastener was working loose and I wasn't aware of it. After that, I found myself constantly checking the strap fastener and constantly tightening it. It's not good to be more worried about the fastener attached to your camera than you are your surroundings, it's a massive distraction.

I ended up giving away the Black Rapid strap to a friend who modified it to keep it from loosening but, it was time consuming to remove it and mount the camera to a tripod which was fine for him because he very rarely uses a tripod. For me, going from the Black Rapid strap to the B-Grip was a huge step in the right direction. The peace of mind alone was worth every penny I paid for the B-Grip. Simply knowing that I'm not gonna lose a camera because of a bad design is relief in itself. Great concept but bad design.

My opinion is, get ANY strap that has a positive locking feature when attaching to the camera AND is easily converted from strap to tripod.

Just my opinion and mine alone, hope this helps.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,262 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been last edited 2 days ago by Wilt. 4 edits done in total.
Dec 09, 2017 11:19 |  #53

Unfortunately the OP never came back to reply to the question posed, "Why 'thick'?"
So all we have is a bunch of suggestions about possible products, with no additional clues that would point anyone in the direction of 'less suitable' or 'more suitable' for a particular purpose. Kinda like asking "Which tires should I buy?" or "Whick lens should I buy?"...to do WHAT???

So TEN months later, shot in dark suggestions are still being offered (yet I presume OP already purchased one months ago, too!)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
Joined Oct 2010
Dec 09, 2017 11:52 |  #54

My favorite strap was the Tamrac Boomerang strap. Wide & thick where it rests on the shoulder.

https://www.amazon.com ...arp_d_product_top?i​e=UTF8 (external link)

Sadly, I believe it's out of production :-(

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

peeaanuut
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
Dec 09, 2017 11:59 |  #55

in all of these suggestions no one mentioned the CPS strap yet people still pay $50 for that basic strap.

Stuff
http://joetakesphotos.​com/external link : | : https://www.facebook.c​om/JKlingPhotosexternal link : | : https://twitter.com/jk​lingphotosexternal link
airbutchie - Joe was definitely right about adding contrast...
:)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Dec 09, 2017 23:46 |  #56

peeaanuut wrote in post #18514122 (external link)
in all of these suggestions no one mentioned the CPS strap yet people still pay $50 for that basic strap.

I think some of that comes from the "cache" of a strap that says "Canon Professional Services" on it. :-P

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

sponsored links

5,753 views & 12 likes for this thread
Camera Strap!?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.