Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 04 Dec 2017 (Monday) 16:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Peak Design: Slide or Slide Lite

bluemoons
Joined Aug 2017
Dec 04, 2017 16:17 |  #1

Hey all. There's literally a camera strap advice thread three posts down from this one (presently), but I was hoping to get some specific advice. I have a 7d2 and am in the market for a new strap. I'm pretyt sold on Peak Design, but I'm torn between the Slide or the Slide Lite. I'd prefer to go less bulky with the Slide Lite, but I'm not sure if it's enough strap. In most situations where I'm using a strap, I have either a 70-200 2.8 or a 24-70 2.8 on the body. Anyway, does anyone here use the Slide Lite for a full sized DSLR with a long lens? Thoughts?

Thanks!

sponsored links
nqjudo
Goldmember
2,709 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Canada
Dec 04, 2017 16:34 |  #2

I use both DSLR and mirrorless and have both straps. With DSLR I prefer the slide. The weight is distributed over a larger surface area making it more comfortable, particularly during extended use. The difference between the two in terms of ‘bulk’ is negligible.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. - Edward Steichen.

gremlin75
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
Detroit, MI
Dec 04, 2017 18:45 |  #3

For a DSLR with those f2.8 zooms I'd suggest the slide. As nqjudo said, the size difference between the slide and lite is negligible but the slide will be more comfortable for longer with a DSLR.

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Post has been edited 11 days ago by Jarvis Creative Studios.
Dec 04, 2017 19:25 |  #4

Peak Design markets the Slide Lite for "mirrorless". Usually when something is marketed for mirrorless, I take that to mean it's for fuji or leica sized gear. I'm a Sony shooter and I buy full sized straps, bags, etc. because (despite what most Sony shooters would try to convince you) the size and weight really isn't that different. That's why I just bought the brand new Slide (not publicly released yet) instead of going with the Slide Light.

For a 7D with those large lenses I would FOR SURE go with the Slide.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

bluemoons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Aug 2017
Dec 05, 2017 09:04 as a reply to gremlin75's post |  #5

Great, thanks. That's what I needed to hear.

Islandphoneman
32 posts
Joined Jun 2017
Fleming Island FL
Dec 06, 2017 16:37 |  #6

Another vote for Slide, I use it with two different DSLR setups and carry them for hours without irritation or neck fatigue from the heavier setups.

sponsored links

178 views & 0 likes for this thread
Peak Design: Slide or Slide Lite
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.