Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera
Thread started 09 Dec 2017 (Saturday) 23:18
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Looking to start doing videos

90blackcrx
985 posts
Joined Sep 2006
Dec 09, 2017 23:18 |  #1

So I'm in need of a camera that can do basic stuff for my business which is automotive related. One must have is a microphone input. I'm looking to shoot more blog and review videos and a few other odds and ends. I looked into some reviews and so far I'm looking at the t6, t6i and t7i.

I have a 40d for photos i just need something i can shoot videos with besides my phone. Inputs, suggestions, should I look into a entra level video camera instead?

Canon 40d
Lens
18-55mm F/3.5-5.6,Nifty 50,17-70 3.2 sigma marco wide angle lens
Accessories
Battery Grip,Hand Grip,Wire and Wireless remote

davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
3,031 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Dec 10, 2017 10:34 |  #2

Are you considering the T6i/T7i because you want an HDSLR that can accept your current Canon lenses? The t7i is the latest camera, so it has the better features: 1080P/60 , 6fps burst, 45 AF points for stills photography. Dual Pixel AF is good for quickly focusing on a subject with the LCD touchscreen. Another factor with making videos is your computer setup: more and more video cameras are recording 2160P (or 4K video) and need beefier hardware for editing. If you're open to other brands, Sony and Panasonic are considered good for video quality/video blogs (tracking AF), and they can record in 2160P resolutions.

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

215 views & 0 likes for this thread
Looking to start doing videos
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.