Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 17 Dec 2017 (Sunday) 21:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How do I get fair-use Star Wars images?

EOS-Mike
944 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Dec 17, 2017 21:25 |  #1

I have a new twitter account dedicated to technology (3D printing, computer aided design, photography, gadgets and more). I want to write a short review about the new Star Wars film but need an image or two.

On star wars’ website they offer high-quality images for download, but I cannot find any usage policy. Clearly they want people to have the images for their computer wallpaper, screen savers, etc., and even have a button you can click for direct printing.

So are those images available for use in a review?

Thanks

Link to images: http://www.starwars.co​m …-last-jedi-poster-gallery (external link)

Canon 6D, 24-105L, 50mm 1.8 stm

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,747 posts
Gallery: 134 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 4 months ago by Tom Reichner.

Dec 17, 2017 21:41 |  #2

EOS-Mike wrote in post #18520539 (external link)

Just go to Shutterstock and do a search for "Star Wars". . Gazillions of images will come up in your search results. . Then purchase a usage license for the images you want. . It's super cheap and super easy. . In fact, the vast majority of Shutterstock's sales are to bloggers who want images to go along with their blog.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

EOS-Mike
THREAD ­ STARTER
944 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Dec 18, 2017 16:58 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #3

Thank you

Canon 6D, 24-105L, 50mm 1.8 stm

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,143 views & 2 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.