Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 17 Dec 2017 (Sunday) 21:25
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How do I get fair-use Star Wars images?

EOS-Mike
Joined Oct 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Dec 17, 2017 21:25 |  #1

I have a new twitter account dedicated to technology (3D printing, computer aided design, photography, gadgets and more). I want to write a short review about the new Star Wars film but need an image or two.

On star wars’ website they offer high-quality images for download, but I cannot find any usage policy. Clearly they want people to have the images for their computer wallpaper, screen savers, etc., and even have a button you can click for direct printing.

So are those images available for use in a review?

Thanks

Link to images: http://www.starwars.co​m ...-last-jedi-poster-gallery (external link)

Canon 6D, 24-105L, 50mm 1.8 stm

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Post has been edited 1 month ago by Tom Reichner.
Dec 17, 2017 21:41 |  #2

EOS-Mike wrote in post #18520539 (external link)

Just go to Shutterstock and do a search for "Star Wars". . Gazillions of images will come up in your search results. . Then purchase a usage license for the images you want. . It's super cheap and super easy. . In fact, the vast majority of Shutterstock's sales are to bloggers who want images to go along with their blog.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

EOS-Mike
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Dec 18, 2017 16:58 as a reply to Tom Reichner's post |  #3

Thank you

Canon 6D, 24-105L, 50mm 1.8 stm

695 views & 2 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.