Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,245 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 21, 2017 22:21 |  #9241

amairphoto wrote in post #18523731 (external link)
Quick question here on deliverables, what is everyones time frame from the moment you receive selects from the client?

Mine are typically a week. I think that’s reasonable given how much editing I do to my images.

Sony α7R II / ILCE-7RM2 α6000 / ILCE-6000 | Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM | Carl Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Loxia 85mm F2.4 Batis 18mm F2.8 Distagon T* 35mm f/2 | Voigtlander Heliar Ultra Wide-Angle 12mm f/5.6 | Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 macro

sponsored links
TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
5,495 posts
Gallery: 251 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 22, 2017 07:34 |  #9242

amairphoto wrote in post #18523731 (external link)
Quick question here on deliverables, what is everyones time frame from the moment you receive selects from the client?

Depends on the number of images, for me its not RE work so there is more editing and more images typically. 1 to 2 weeks...moslty because its my 2nd job not my primary day job.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

s1a1om
402 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Jul 2013
Post edited 3 months ago by s1a1om.

Dec 27, 2017 08:15 |  #9243

I posted this over in the Critique Corner with some of my own thoughts on the photo, but I thought I'd post it here as well to get any suggestions you all may have. What would you have done differently?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
5,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 27, 2017 09:04 |  #9244

s1a1om wrote in post #18527098 (external link)
I posted this over in the Critique Corner with some of my own thoughts on the photo (http://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​t=1490457), but I thought I'd post it here as well to get any suggestions you all may have. What would you have done differently?

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by s1a1om in
./showthread.php?p=185​27098&i=i235026088
forum: Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Tough shot, looks like a small room.

Why ISO 1600? It looks like some NR has been done and then sharpened to compensate...I could be wrong...

I might let the windows go a little brighter in this case, since the outside is gray and overcast and not all that interesting.

There is a bit of a blue cast on the arm of the chair and a dark area in the lamp shade on the left of the frame.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
8,959 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 27, 2017 09:06 |  #9245

seaLere wrote in post #18521751 (external link)
No, your buildings should line up with the Side of your frame.

Not for a building this tall.
If the verticals were parallel with the edges of the frame viewers will think something is wrong. It makes the building look like its bigger at the top than at the bottom.

For a one or two story building parallel verticals are important, for sky scrapers there has to be some perspective toward a vanishing point high in the sky. The second version with less obvious tilt is probably better but don't make them edge parallel.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

s1a1om
402 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Dec 27, 2017 10:15 |  #9246

TRhoads wrote in post #18527131 (external link)
Tough shot, looks like a small room.

Why ISO 1600? It looks like some NR has been done and then sharpened to compensate...I could be wrong...

I might let the windows go a little brighter in this case, since the outside is gray and overcast and not all that interesting.

There is a bit of a blue cast on the arm of the chair and a dark area in the lamp shade on the left of the frame.

I find it interesting that that information was brought in here. This was actually a composite of 3 shots. +3ev (1/100), 0ev (1/800), -2.3ev (1/4000). In the past when I've uploaded HDR shots, it has eliminated the data. In this case, I thought I needed to use HDR processing to balance the interior with the exterior. To prevent the shutter from being too slow on the brightest shot, I used a higher ISO.

After your comment though, I went back and played with just the middle exposure and found I could achieve very similar results just using the single exposure. I guess I didn't need to use HDR for this photo. It really is incredible how much data is contained in the RAW files of modern cameras.

I've included all 3 images that merged for the first HDR shot and also a quick second edit using just the middle exposure. Using the single exposure also seems to blend the cool window light with the warmer interior light more naturally.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
4,860 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Dec 27, 2017 11:08 as a reply to  @ s1a1om's post |  #9247

I would have moved the booze/tray. Maybe just left the glasses. Also (if there were net curtains ) I probably would have pulled them to hide the rather ugly view. Doing that may well have made more of the mirror which is a plus feature.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

PhotosGuy
75,179 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Dec 27, 2017 11:15 |  #9248

Dan Marchant wrote in post #18527219 (external link)
I would have moved the booze/tray. Maybe just left the glasses. Also (if there were net curtains ) I probably would have pulled them to hide the rather ugly view. Doing that may well have made more of the mirror which is a plus feature.

And 5 minutes with a steam iron would have improved the look of the bedspread/sheets/pillo​w cases.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Sideshot
88 posts
Joined Nov 2017

Dec 27, 2017 11:23 |  #9249

Hard shot cramped conditions. I would of left out the small bottles and made the conter space a clear as possible. More clutter makes things look smaller and cramped.

The mirror helps create an illusion of more space, taking the clutter and the chair out of the reflection would help it look even larger.

Nice job on the lighting.

digirebelva
Goldmember
3,918 posts
Gallery: 327 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 28, 2017 08:57 |  #9250

Whars all over the mirror..?

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
5,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 28, 2017 09:32 |  #9251

digirebelva wrote in post #18527850 (external link)
Whars all over the mirror..?

distressed look? I am starting to see it in interior design more and more...

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
4,860 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Dec 28, 2017 10:05 |  #9252

Either the glass in the mirror is very old/distressed or a Lightroom brush has been used with automask and it has left speccles.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

s1a1om
402 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Dec 28, 2017 10:12 |  #9253

Thanks all, some good suggestions here. I hadn't thought of moving the bar tray. I took this photo right after walking into the room without changing anything.

TRhoads wrote in post #18527874 (external link)
distressed look? I am starting to see it in interior design more and more...

Yes, it's a distressed look. It actually looks nice in the room, but I haven't seen any photos of these rooms that make it look good. I'm guessing it will also look dated in a couple years.

seaLere
407 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Mar 2013
Post edited 3 months ago by seaLere.

Jan 21, 2018 13:18 |  #9254

Nightmare..

I also had to remove about 30 red price tags sticking out like a sore thumb.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 6D | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40 f4 L | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8L | Lots of lights | A huge wishlist | A big dream
- www.codylere.com (external link) - Architectural and Interiors Photography

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,503 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 13, 2018 15:01 |  #9255

This thread used to be popping!

5 shot panoramic here, Chandelier Bar at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4604/39352816235_f5a9d44a0b_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/22Xt​teD  (external link) Chandelier Panoramic - Anthony Mair (external link) by Anthony Mair (external link), on Flickr

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,282,234 views & 1,291 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.