Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 31 Dec 2017 (Sunday) 01:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Reddish Tint When Printing With Epson Artisan 810

david.g.photo84
52 posts
Joined Sep 2017

Dec 31, 2017 01:04 |  #1

Hello,

I have just started printing with my Epson and am using Red River Matte photo paper as well as the appropriate color profile that they have provided for my printer, but for some reason every print has a reddish tint. I've tried playing with the color sliders, but can't seem to get rid of it. I tried switching the profile to the "managed by printer" profile option and that gets rid of the reddish tint, but the pictures look considerably better with the Red River profile. I'm not sure where I can go from here, but any help would be appreciated.

I'm using Lightroom 6 and an uncalibrated laptop. I would also like to add that I have come across a few sites describing the same issue, but none offer a fix for it or at least none that I could see.

Thank you,

David

david.g.photo84
THREAD ­ STARTER
52 posts
Joined Sep 2017

Dec 31, 2017 02:19 |  #2

Nevermind, I figured it out. I never downloaded the drivers/utilities from Epson, but instead I was using the driver that came with my laptop, which didn't have as many options as the Epson Driver dialog box. I was able to check the box, so that the printer did not use ANY color management profile and that fixed my reddish tint! I was also able to select borderless in the dialog box and now I don't have the white border around my print. Picked this printer up for about $10 and it now prints 100x better!! No more having to wait to get my prints delivered.

Quint ­ on ­ Trask
75 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Apr 2015

Dec 31, 2017 12:35 as a reply to  @ david.g.photo84's post |  #3

Glad you figured it out. It is especially gratifying that way.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

821 views & 0 likes for this thread
Reddish Tint When Printing With Epson Artisan 810
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.