Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Lenses
Thread started 03 Jan 2018 (Wednesday) 12:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

best real estate/ commercial / landscape uwa?

Nick ­ Aufiero
Joined May 2013
Oklahoma city
Jan 03, 2018 12:58 |  #1

I own the 28mm and I'm not in love with it

I need something around 15mm to shoot the insides of houses with

price is not a concern but prefer to be around $1000 USD

That being said, I may be able to flex a bit

but ALL I will be using it for is shooting the insides and outsides of houses/buildings

I want something that is gonna be sharp and have good colors.

This is my main source of business and need a lens that is gonna reflect that

I really enjoy my zeiss lenses, I have the 85mm and the sony zeiss 55mm

I just need an UWA ( doesn't have to be prime) to use as my main workhorse for real estate photography

thanks, y'all!

My site is www.NickAufiero.com (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,287 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Jan 04, 2018 01:19 |  #2

Nick Aufiero wrote in post #18532563 (external link)
I own the 28mm and I'm not in love with it

I need something around 15mm to shoot the insides of houses with

price is not a concern but prefer to be around $1000 USD

That being said, I may be able to flex a bit

but ALL I will be using it for is shooting the insides and outsides of houses/buildings

I want something that is gonna be sharp and have good colors.

This is my main source of business and need a lens that is gonna reflect that

I really enjoy my zeiss lenses, I have the 85mm and the sony zeiss 55mm

I just need an UWA ( doesn't have to be prime) to use as my main workhorse for real estate photography

thanks, y'all!

Probably the best lens for around a 1000 is the Sony Zeiss FE 16-35mm F4. They are selling for around $800 used on the FM Buy/Sell board.

This guy I follow on Flickr seems to shoot exclusively with the FE 16-35mm F4 and his work is outstanding: https://www.flickr.com​/photos/therealmcquaid​e/ (external link)

If you're looking for a prime at 15mm the Laowa 15mm F2 and Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 are two good options. I just bought the Voigtlander but sent it back. The corners weren't real sharp. But others have purchased excellent copies. Personally I'd rather have a zoom for RE because it will give you much more flexibility. The colors are excellent with the FE 16-35mm F4.

The FE 16-35mm 2.8 GM is said to be an even sharper lens, but it costs a lot more.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12, Loxia 21, Loxia 35, FE 35 1.4, FE 55, Batis 85, Batis 135

Nick ­ Aufiero
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2013
Oklahoma city
Jan 15, 2018 07:50 as a reply to David Arbogast's post |  #3

Cost isn’t so much a concern. At the end of the day this is a business start up for me and will be a main source of income down the road so if I have to spend an extra five to $800 total then it’s not a super huge deal.

Honestly the zeiss batis 18mm is what I was looking out since I am the 85 mm version of this and it’s absolutely phenomenal. I was just hoping to get some insight from people who actually shoot the stuff exclusively to see

My site is www.NickAufiero.com (external link)

150 views & 0 likes for this thread
best real estate/ commercial / landscape uwa?
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.