Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 06 Jan 2018 (Saturday) 13:40
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Winter Session 2

YankeeMom
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2008
New Hampshire
Jan 06, 2018 13:40 |  #1

Here is my other daughter at the same location as my previous post awhile back. A different feel for sure as my younger girls is into theatre and it shows in her posing while this one is a lot more resistant and less relaxed during photo-shoots. Still, she is getting better due to all the practice and we both love the results of this little session. I do have to say that shooting in snow is not as ideal or easy as it seems. First of all, the snow acts as a giant reflector. This is good in some ways, but also makes directional light a challenge. Also, in order to get the snow-fall, you need to shoot in overcast skies, which provides challenges in itself. Still working to perfect my methods and I do recommend getting out there and playing in the snow and learn more about working with it. The results are unique and beautiful. Feel free to ask me anything.

1.)

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/419/32581746716_a5d7772ee2_c.jpg

2.)

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/510/32387176656_9556e4b7c7_c.jpg

3.)

IMAGE: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2917/32857801593_ce82bd2481_c.jpg

4.) I let her pick her own outfit/colors, but like these pinks much better for the snow.

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/317/32176664964_5be7dd8094_c.jpg

5.)

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/754/33134901165_4468a2f664_c.jpg

6.)

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3947/32338409133_f7fa6e8a1e_c.jpg

Kristin
Mom to 11 ~ Still sane and rocking my Canon 5DMkII.
Calibrated with Spyder 4
My Website (external link)
| My Blog (external link) | My Flickr (external link) | My Facebook (external link) | My 500px (external link) | My Pinterest (external link) | My Google+ (external link) | My Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
RMyers
Joined Dec 2009
Austin, TX
Jan 06, 2018 14:00 |  #2

Looks great to me. What jumped out at me was that you did great keeping good flesh tone with the snow all around. And yes, your daughter seems to be quite comfortable in front of the camera.

Rusty
Austin, TX

PhotogWannabe
Joined Nov 2006
West Coast of Canada
Jan 07, 2018 13:23 |  #3

Beautiful daughter! I really like the first 3. Great control over lighting.

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Jan 08, 2018 11:33 |  #4

YankeeMom wrote in post #18534955 (external link)
. . . she is getting better due to all the practice and we both love the results of this little session . . .

Getting better to the point of downright good, I'd say. Whatever she may be like most of the time, she and you have created calm, mature confidence.

Like other daughter pictures you've shared, these are well done and suggest you are even better at being a mother than a photographer.

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2008
New Hampshire
Jan 08, 2018 18:35 |  #5

RMyers wrote in post #18534976 (external link)
Looks great to me. What jumped out at me was that you did great keeping good flesh tone with the snow all around. And yes, your daughter seems to be quite comfortable in front of the camera.

Thanks so much! Yes, that can be a challenge, but pretty good light there. :)

PhotogWannabe wrote in post #18535674 (external link)
Beautiful daughter! I really like the first 3. Great control over lighting.

Thank you!

AZGeorge wrote in post #18536323 (external link)
Getting better to the point of downright good, I'd say. Whatever she may be like most of the time, she and you have created calm, mature confidence.

Like other daughter pictures you've shared, these are well done and suggest you are even better at being a mother than a photographer.

AZGeorge wrote in post #18536323 (external link)

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words. I'll share with her. :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
| My Blog (external link) | My Flickr (external link) | My Facebook (external link) | My 500px (external link) | My Pinterest (external link) | My Google+ (external link) | My Instagram (external link)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,108 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Jan 10, 2018 10:37 |  #6

Love the color you got here with these. It looks like you used a couple of prime lenses too. I've been wanting an 85 1.8 for a while now.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2008
New Hampshire
Jan 10, 2018 14:24 |  #7

CameraMan wrote in post #18537861 (external link)
Love the color you got here with these. It looks like you used a couple of prime lenses too. I've been wanting an 85 1.8 for a while now.

Thanks! Yes, I did use my primes and I do LOVE the 85 1.8. It's the handiest lens I have. :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4

sponsored links

784 views & 10 likes for this thread
Winter Session 2
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.