Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities
Thread started 08 May 2006 (Monday) 18:28
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Where's Nifty?! #2

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,106 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Post has been edited 11 days ago by CameraMan.
Jan 05, 2018 13:09 |  #13111

joayne wrote in post #18533474 (external link)
It's all good...
I agree with you that you might want to wait and see Nifty in the Spring..

I realize that there might be people below me on the list that might want it sooner so... if any of them would like to speak up I think that would be wise. Otherwise, I'm expecting Renata to hold onto it until late February or March. Then I will have it for a little while also. At one point I was the last one on the list but there are a couple new requests after me.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

sponsored links
joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,195 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Stuck@Coachella
Jan 07, 2018 12:14 |  #13112

I've contacted the next two on the list...

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 |Nifty Sign Up List | Worldwide Photo Week

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,195 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Stuck@Coachella
Post has been edited 4 days ago by joayne.
Jan 12, 2018 11:47 |  #13113

Neither KenjiS nor saea501 are willing to Host.

Next up is Tim.
He has pm'd me his address, and I will forward that on to BlakeC.

*edit* and Done.

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 |Nifty Sign Up List | Worldwide Photo Week

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2015
Near Dallas
Post has been edited 4 days ago by itsallart.
Jan 12, 2018 12:09 |  #13114

OK, I'm still under the weather, guys...it's been on and off for over 6 weeks! Getting sick of being sick. Must be some dreadful strain or maybe just old age.
I have only shot some stuff I was cooking at home and that's about it. I hope to get out this weekend, though it's freezing here. I will see how I feel...perhaps a museum or something like that may be best for me in this weather.
So, the first image is a lovely Japanese stoneware sesame/spice roaster called Horoku by Toiro...and it's not a urinal, as someone thought!  :p

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from itsallart's gallery.
Lovely butternut squash soup I cooked the other day.

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
Facebook (external link) 500px (external link)
Live Event Painting (external link)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
Milo's Meadow - Bloom County
Jan 12, 2018 12:26 |  #13115

itsallart wrote in post #18539421 (external link)
OK, I'm still under the weather, guys...it's been on and off for over 6 weeks! Getting sick of being sick. Must be some dreadful strain or maybe just old age.
I have only shot some stuff I was cooking at home and that's about it. I hope to get out this weekend, though it's freezing here. I will see how I feel...perhaps a museum or something like that may be best for me in this weather.
So, the first image is a lovely Japanese stoneware sesame/spice roaster called Horoku by Toiro...and it's not a urinal, as someone thought!  :p
Lovely butternut squash soup I cooked the other day.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by itsallart in
./showthread.php?p=185​39421&i=i68381288
forum: Member Activities

Hope you feel better soon!

Butternut squash with bacon bits...I think I'll have some soup for lunch. :-)

Tim

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,195 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Stuck@Coachella
Jan 12, 2018 14:42 |  #13116

Renata, I make my own Gomasio and had no idea that there was a special vessel in which to make it..
But, then, it is Japanese..  :p

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,106 posts
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Jan 12, 2018 20:16 |  #13117

Get yourself healthy Renata. Photos can wait. A Good bowl of soup may help and I see you have that covered. :)

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

hawaiiboy
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
North Vancouver, BC
Jan 13, 2018 09:04 |  #13118

That is a nice pair of photos Renata. I hope that you start to feel better soon.

https://www.flickr.com​/gp/hawaiiboy/6V74P7 (external link)
Kevin

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,195 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Stuck@Coachella
Jan 14, 2018 12:29 |  #13119

Blake.. I pm'd Tim's address to you,
but you still have not read it..

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2015
Near Dallas
Post has been edited 22 hours ago by itsallart.
Jan 15, 2018 18:28 |  #13120

Timphoto wrote in post #18539441 (external link)
Hope you feel better soon!

Butternut squash with bacon bits...I think I'll have some soup for lunch. :-)

Thank you, Tim!
And did you have some soup for lunch?

CameraMan wrote in post #18539755 (external link)
Get yourself healthy Renata. Photos can wait. A Good bowl of soup may help and I see you have that covered. :)

Thank you, Alan :)

hawaiiboy wrote in post #18539999 (external link)
That is a nice pair of photos Renata. I hope that you start to feel better soon.

Thank you, Kevin!

Renata

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2015
Near Dallas
Post has been edited 21 hours ago by itsallart.
Jan 15, 2018 18:39 |  #13121

Well, I went to see the doctor again! Chest X-ray and some other test...we will see what happens...still not feeling the best but getting better.
While at the doctor's I saw a statue that I have seen around another facility...looks identical to this one http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​518041 in a different location, same hospital system, though.

HOSTED PHOTO
A few days ago I went to Fort Worth again but didn't go out much but on my way back I saw a sculpture at a local country club (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2015
Near Dallas
Jan 15, 2018 18:43 |  #13122

Here are some shots from the drive back to Richardson...nothing exciting...just the I-30 (external link) a little West of Dallas.
Both shot from my car almost blindly...remember I was driving, so my apperture was set to get everything in focus and I just lifted my camera without looking through the viewfinder and whatever came out is what you see.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2015
Near Dallas
Jan 15, 2018 18:44 |  #13123

And tonight's dinner I cooked for myself. Pasta with tuna, sardines and capers...quite delicious.

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,106 posts
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Jan 15, 2018 18:50 |  #13124

Nice to see you're getting some shots in while going to the Dr's office. My wife has been sick all weekend. Lots of friends and family have been sick. One thing we're trying is running a vaporizer with the liquid Vics in the laundry room where the intake vent is. Our hope is that it will suck that vaporizer air through the house and help us stay healthy by breathing better at night. I'll let you know how that works. I've been exposed to many sick people this weekend at the ER. I'm taking Vitamin C tablets, drinking tea with honey and vitamin C and now we're doing the Vaporizer thing. Hopefully I won't get sick.

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2015
Near Dallas
23 hours ago |  #13125

CameraMan wrote in post #18541804 (external link)
Nice to see you're getting some shots in while going to the Dr's office. My wife has been sick all weekend. Lots of friends and family have been sick. One thing we're trying is running a vaporizer with the liquid Vics in the laundry room where the intake vent is. Our hope is that it will suck that vaporizer air through the house and help us stay healthy by breathing better at night. I'll let you know how that works. I've been exposed to many sick people this weekend at the ER. I'm taking Vitamin C tablets, drinking tea with honey and vitamin C and now we're doing the Vaporizer thing. Hopefully I won't get sick.

Thank you, Alan.
Sorry to hear about your wife's sickness! I really hope thast the vaporizer will help. I have an all -house humidifier built into my heating ducts and it helps with breathing but I still caught a nasty bug somewhere. I'd love to hera your feedback on that contarption and hope that your wife gets better soon and you stay healthy.

Renata

sponsored links

1,150,190 views & 4314 likes for this thread
Where's Nifty?! #2
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.