Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 09 Dec 2017 (Saturday) 14:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

WARNING on Rebate being offered for 5D Mark IV & 6D Mark II Printer Bundle.

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,516 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Jan 09, 2018 14:24 |  #76

RMyers wrote in post #18537228 (external link)
Just looked online and mine was approved and the rebate is on the way. Sure is slick that you can check status to make sure things are okay.

When did you submit? I'm still waiting. I even put two stamps on the envelope.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

sponsored links
SkedAddled
Goldmember
1,619 posts
Joined Jul 2008
West Michigan
Jan 09, 2018 16:11 |  #77

I have admittedly accused the abovementioned vendor of questionable practices here on this very forum, but it was Helen's prompting of me to divulge further details directly, then a reply from her explained that they had actually been hoodwinked in a situation where I had accused them of being spammers. Some of you may remember this, and Helen offered enough proof to me for me to have been completely satisfied.
While this does not directly correlate with the situation currently being beaten to death and deader, I will offer up that said vendor AND Ms. Oster have been exceptionally forthright and direct in all dealings I have had with them since.
And yes, I have made several transactions with them since, without a single objectionable issue.

Having said the above, I'll now move on to what the post is actually about: REBATES
It has been my experience in the past(as I have not attempted a rebate in much time) that a standard practice of rebate processing is to automatically deny the original submission. This is particularly true if it is being processed by other than the manufacturer/company directly. The third-party processors often automatically deny the submission on grounds of 'incomplete' or 'unfulfilled' submissions, in the event that the submitter will chalk it off to their own incompleteness. A follow-up contact will typically result in a request to re-submit the information. Usually, an email copy of document(s) suffices, and the status is APPROVED a day or two later. This has been my experience. This may be the sort of process happening here.

I'm not here to lay claim that Canon is doing the same thing, but it is possible. They may even be randomly selecting some submissions for denial. I wouldn't expect such a scenario from Canon directly, but I have no way of knowing.

Whatever the issue may be, one MUST be vigilant about checking rebate status online.
If it is denied, one MUST contact the processor to find out WHY.
AND, if one has diligently copied ALL of the required information and copied all of the proper receipts and UPC codes, AND read the instructions for a proper submission and have it ALL available to resend, one most likely WILL be issued the rebate.

So.
Got a problem? TAKE IT TO THE SOURCE.
The processor of the rebate is the SOURCE, they are certainly NOT the vendor who sold it.

CraigΣ 10-20|SP 28-80 AD2|SP 60-300 AD2|Soligor 75-260 M42|Soligor 400 T4|Soligor C/D 500 T2 cat|Zuiko 50 1.8|Vivitar 28 2.8 OM|Hanimar 135 3.5 13-blade M42|Even more Manual-Focus Glass
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

HelenOster
That's me!
4,372 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Jan 10, 2018 04:21 |  #78

SkedAddled wrote in post #18537328 (external link)
I have admittedly accused the abovementioned vendor of questionable practices here on this very forum, but it was Helen's prompting of me to divulge further details directly, then a reply from her explained that they had actually been hoodwinked in a situation where I had accused them of being spammers. Some of you may remember this, and Helen offered enough proof to me for me to have been completely satisfied.
While this does not directly correlate with the situation currently being beaten to death and deader, I will offer up that said vendor AND Ms. Oster have been exceptionally forthright and direct in all dealings I have had with them since.
And yes, I have made several transactions with them since, without a single objectionable issue.

Thanks so much for reporting on the positive outcome- I'm glad I was here to help.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOsterexternal link
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/external link

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,153 posts
Joined Jun 2005
san jose
Jan 10, 2018 13:28 |  #79

gjl711 wrote in post #18537247 (external link)
When did you submit? I'm still waiting. I even put two stamps on the envelope.

Same here, 2 stamps as well. I sent the bar codes more than 2 weeks ago and still nothing on that status page regarding if it was received or not.

These mail-in rebates sucks...lol

Sonny
websiteexternal link|Gear List

Furlan
647 posts
Joined Nov 2012
Jan 10, 2018 14:09 |  #80

All you guys using two stamps what makes you think thats enough postage. Its more than weight involved in calculating the
postage if the envelope is over one quarter inch thick more postage is required. I have done nine of these printer rebates never
a problem I believe Talley has done the same. If you followed the simple instructions as outlined on the form you will receive
your rebate. I will agree the status page at times leaves a lot to be desired. If your really concerned just call the rebate center
at 866-668-9861 very nice people there.

PS: Some of the posts on this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

gjl711
53,516 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Jan 10, 2018 14:25 |  #81

Regular size envelope, weighted over 1oz and less than 1/4 thick.

SkedAddled
Goldmember
1,619 posts
Joined Jul 2008
West Michigan
Jan 10, 2018 15:41 |  #82

HelenOster wrote in post #18537673 (external link)
Thanks so much for reporting on the positive outcome- I'm glad I was here to help.

You helped me, so I'll help you, Helen.
You're certainly one of the good people out there, and you are appreciated.;-)a

Thanks for all you do.

CraigΣ 10-20|SP 28-80 AD2|SP 60-300 AD2|Soligor 75-260 M42|Soligor 400 T4|Soligor C/D 500 T2 cat|Zuiko 50 1.8|Vivitar 28 2.8 OM|Hanimar 135 3.5 13-blade M42|Even more Manual-Focus Glass
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

RMyers
Joined Dec 2009
Austin, TX
Jan 10, 2018 19:12 as a reply to gjl711's post |  #83

I think my purchase date was 11/27. Submitted in mid-December, they received it 12/22 and sent payment 1/5. Hasn't hit my mailbox yet though. I did do the pre-submission on the website and included the form from that page. Don't know if that sped things up or not.

Rusty
Austin, TX

mikeinctown
Goldmember
1,987 posts
Joined May 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Jan 11, 2018 06:11 |  #84

I've just submitted for my 4th printer rebate. The details really are in the fine print. Cut out the cardboard, make sure the purchases were all made the same date and with the same company and using the same card billing address. Put the promotion ID on the envelope, and circle everything they tell you to circle. I go a step further and note the serial number on the rebate form as well as include a copy of the UPCs I cut out. I submit everything in a padded mailer which costs more but ensures the envelope does not tear. I now pre-submit on line which cuts down on the paperwork you need to include.

As I make copies I also scan them into PDF format so that I can forward the info if necessary, and I have copies of everything should something at home happen.

Canon EOS 1D X | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C |

smacatl
Goldmember
1,496 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Atlanta, GA
Jan 11, 2018 11:55 |  #85

Mike in C Town - I've also completed 5 Printer rebates with no issues (and I've successfully sold 4 of the printers on my local Craigslist - but that's a subject for another thread!).

I would disagree with the notion that the default process is to deny all rebates. If that were the case it wouldn't take long before the desired effect of offering the rebates (to push sales) would be negated, as the bad publicity became rampant over denied rebates. As has been mentioned in this forum several times - IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER in order for a speedy and successful rebate experience. Given the size of the rebates involved (hundreds of dollars each), it is understandable that Canon wants to be sure that any payouts are offset by documented sales.

The last three rebates I have submitted (all printers during 2017) have been turned around in less than 3 weeks (which I consider outstanding). If I am buying something with a rebate involved, I always make all the required purchases on the same order, with the same vendor, at the same time.

My unsolicited rebate advice:

Read the instructions.

Re-read the instructions.

Go online and complete the Canon Pre-Submission application. Print your confirmation.

Follow the instructions. Include the Pre-Submission confirmation with your submission.

Go back and re-read the instructions.

Go back and make sure you followed the instructions to the letter.

Copy EVERYTHING.

Be sure to keep your originals separate from your copies.

Re-read and double check your instructions vs your submission.

Take your packaged submission to the counter in the post office. Send it Priority Mail (cost should be about $5.00). This will give tracking for the package and the assurance that you have applied the proper postage. There is also a $50 loss guarantee that if the package is lost and Canon won't accept your copies you'd end up with $50 from the USPS.

Wait for rebate to arrive by mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to all

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

shaunmcfd
Joined Nov 2012
Jan 11, 2018 20:48 |  #86

Any idea where to check on B&H rebate status?

6D | 24-105 f4L | Sigma 50 2.8 Macro | 17-40 f4L| 135 f2L | 70-200 f2.8L ii | Sigma 35 1.4 Art | Tamron 24-70

gjl711
53,516 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Jan 11, 2018 20:56 |  #87

shaunmcfd wrote in post #18539061 (external link)
Any idea where to check on B&H rebate status?

They probably use the same rebate center (external link) as Adorama.

Furlan
647 posts
Joined Nov 2012
Jan 12, 2018 06:27 |  #88

No wonder so many rebate problems. B&H and Adorama supply the product and receipt at that point they are out of the picture.
The rebate is from Canon.

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
USA
Post has been edited 11 days ago by Bianchi.
Jan 12, 2018 11:25 |  #89

smacatl wrote in post #18538718 (external link)
Mike in C Town - I've also completed 5 Printer rebates with no issues (and I've successfully sold 4 of the printers on my local Craigslist - but that's a subject for another thread!).

I would disagree with the notion that the default process is to deny all rebates. If that were the case it wouldn't take long before the desired effect of offering the rebates (to push sales) would be negated, as the bad publicity became rampant over denied rebates. As has been mentioned in this forum several times - IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER in order for a speedy and successful rebate experience. Given the size of the rebates involved (hundreds of dollars each), it is understandable that Canon wants to be sure that any payouts are offset by documented sales.

The last three rebates I have submitted (all printers during 2017) have been turned around in less than 3 weeks (which I consider outstanding). If I am buying something with a rebate involved, I always make all the required purchases on the same order, with the same vendor, at the same time.

My unsolicited rebate advice:

Read the instructions.

Re-read the instructions.

Go online and complete the Canon Pre-Submission application. Print your confirmation.

Follow the instructions. Include the Pre-Submission confirmation with your submission.

Go back and re-read the instructions.

Go back and make sure you followed the instructions to the letter.

Copy EVERYTHING.

Be sure to keep your originals separate from your copies.

Re-read and double check your instructions vs your submission.

Take your packaged submission to the counter in the post office. Send it Priority Mail (cost should be about $5.00). This will give tracking for the package and the assurance that you have applied the proper postage. There is also a $50 loss guarantee that if the package is lost and Canon won't accept your copies you'd end up with $50 from the USPS.

Wait for rebate to arrive by mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to all

The KEY to any rebate is DOCUMENTATION DOCUMENTATION DOCUMENTATION . That includes shipping, as well if By Mail get Return receipt requested with signature upon delivery ... Any time there is a rebate figure the hassle and cost involved in covering yourself

I had a issue once with Epson for a Pro Printer with regards to rebate, by having everything I just mentioned, I had myself covered. They make it difficult as possible with the hopes of the customer just getting tired of the hassle.

My Gear flickrexternal link

RMyers
Joined Dec 2009
Austin, TX
Jan 13, 2018 11:34 |  #90

My rebate showed up in yesterday's mail.

Rusty
Austin, TX

sponsored links

4,797 views & 126 likes for this thread
WARNING on Rebate being offered for 5D Mark IV & 6D Mark II Printer Bundle.
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.