Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 13 Dec 2012 (Thursday) 22:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

My Decision between the Crumpler's Industry vs Convenient Disgrace

OverSpun
190 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Southern California
Dec 13, 2012 22:52 |  #1

I searched through the forum and reviews on Amazon (which is where I ordered) along with other online stores-

It seemed the consensus was that both straps are 'basically' the same strap plus the quick release buckles (convenient disgrace).

That is NOT the only difference. If you carefully look at pictures online, it seems that both straps are the same width and just only buckles or if you may not need them?

I bought both straps so I could see them in person so I could decide.

You can obviously notice the differences between each strap. IMHO- The wider strap would certainly hold extra weight such my 100-400L or any bigger lenses. It's all common sense, IMO.

IMAGE: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/OverSpun/5D3%20Images/IMG_5983.jpg
IMAGE: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/OverSpun/5D3%20Images/IMG_2580.jpg

The quick release is a double step buckle and I think it would be difficult to release it with 1 hand (by accident). You can notice the single button on the side of the buckle.
IMAGE: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/OverSpun/5D3%20Images/IMG_3561.jpg

I think the Industry Disgrace would be a great strap for much lighter camera but I think the Convenient Disgrace is much better in my case. I basically don't need a complete strap on my camera while I have it sitting on my desk.

I will eventually buy an extra set of buckles for the convenience disgrace for my EOS film 35mm (which I rarely use).

There we go and the Industry Disgrace is on its way back to Amazon since I never attached it to my camera. :)

Gripped 5D3 | 17-40L, 50 1.8II, 35-105, 100-400L IS
Gear

sponsored links
Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Dec 15, 2012 09:59 |  #2

Thanks for posting this nice evaluation. I am trying to decide between the two, but leaning towards the Convenient Disgrace for the reasons you give.

Best, Bruce

OverSpun
THREAD ­ STARTER
190 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Southern California
Dec 15, 2012 18:32 |  #3

Gizmo1137 wrote in post #15369728external link
Thanks for posting this nice evaluation. I am trying to decide between the two, but leaning towards the Convenient Disgrace for the reasons you give.

Anytime! I originally planned on the Industry Disgrace since I was skeptical on the buckles on the Convenient Disgrace or how sturdy they are since I definitely don't want to drop my camera. The buckles are pretty heavy duty and I'm not worried anymore. :)

Gear

jjaenagle
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008
richmond, va
Dec 15, 2012 22:23 |  #4
banned

how much was the convenient discrace and what do you think its like compared to a blackrapid?

Instagramexternal linkWebsiteexternal link
GEAR & FEEDBACK

OverSpun
THREAD ­ STARTER
190 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Southern California
Dec 16, 2012 00:29 |  #5

jjaenagle wrote in post #15371750external link
how much was the convenient discrace and what do you think its like compared to a blackrapid?

I bought it on Prime Amazon @ $45. I honestly can't compare it with the Black Rapids since I was considering those as well. I decided that I would prefer to keep my tripod mount free. I also thought there would be a risk if I accidentally bang the top of the camera with that setup. Plus, I wouldn't be able to stand up the camera with some lenses. I usually keep my 17-40 or 50mm attached at home and I set it down fairly often.

Gear

jjaenagle
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008
richmond, va
Dec 16, 2012 00:37 |  #6
banned

ok. i do have the blackrapid slim sport and was looking at other options.. i like the sling style, and i have banged the camera around a little from it being on the side, but not big of a deal.

it really beats the neck strap for me.

Instagramexternal linkWebsiteexternal link
GEAR & FEEDBACK

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Dec 16, 2012 16:56 |  #7

OverSpun wrote in post #15371239external link
Anytime! I originally planned on the Industry Disgrace since I was skeptical on the buckles on the Convenient Disgrace or how sturdy they are since I definitely don't want to drop my camera. The buckles are pretty heavy duty and I'm not worried anymore. :)

Cool! Hints placed, but if one does not show up under the Christmas tree, I place my order on 12/26. $45.00 at B&H a small price to pay for a quality strap.

Best, Bruce

OverSpun
THREAD ­ STARTER
190 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Southern California
Dec 16, 2012 17:06 |  #8

jjaenagle wrote in post #15372030external link
ok. i do have the blackrapid slim sport and was looking at other options.. i like the sling style, and i have banged the camera around a little from it being on the side, but not big of a deal.

it really beats the neck strap for me.

I usually carry my camera like a messenger bag. When I use my 100-400L, I have to hold it like a football so people wont run into me with a giant lens poking out. haha

Gizmo1137 wrote in post #15374425external link
Cool! Hints placed, but if one does not show up under the Christmas tree, I place my order on 12/26. $45.00 at B&H a small price to pay for a quality strap.

Ya, agreed. I've always used the stock canon straps. Not sure why I haven't bothered until now.

Gear

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Jan 03, 2013 19:55 as a reply to OverSpun's post |  #9

Just received my Crumpler Convenient Disgrace strap. Have not had a chance to do a complete test drive, but it is much more more comfortable at the outset from the standard OEM strap. Construction is quality and I like the release capability. I should have gotten one eons ago.

Best, Bruce

OverSpun
THREAD ­ STARTER
190 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Southern California
Jan 03, 2013 20:01 |  #10

Gizmo1137 wrote in post #15441395external link
Just received my Crumpler Convenient Disgrace strap. Have not had a chance to do a complete test drive, but it is much more more comfortable at the outset from the standard OEM strap. Construction is quality and I like the release capability. I should have gotten one eons ago.

Agreed. I've always used the stock canon straps until now. :)

Gear

JGI
Joined Nov 2009
Los Angeles CA
May 29, 2014 00:18 |  #11

I'm the other way around... I returned the Convenient Disgrace and I'm keeping the Industry Disgrace, as it's more simpler and smaller. Will buy another one for my 2nd D800. What turned me off is the extra wide profile of the Convenient disgrace.. it feels bulky and takes up a lot of space in the bag.

Skill is very important but a fully charged battery is very very important :lol:

mihazero
Joined Dec 2013
Jun 29, 2016 17:59 |  #12

Few years back I got me a Crumpler Singapoore Sling. LOVE IT. Now when i see what Crumpler is making these days I wish i was smarter and gotten 2 instead of just one.

New ones look pale in comparison to old.

Hemidesign
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2018
Jan 13, 2018 12:33 |  #13

Just got 2 today (I believe is the last ones).. they were shipped from Canon Malaysia, extremely rare "Crumpler Disgrace Canon Red"

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

8,984 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Decision between the Crumpler's Industry vs Convenient Disgrace
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.