Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 15 Jan 2018 (Monday) 21:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon 5DII?

AV ­ Stills!
THREAD ­ STARTER
37 posts
Joined Jan 2018
San Diego, Ca
Jan 15, 2018 22:30 as a reply to post 18541947 |  #16

That’s great! I bet your enjoying that new camera. How much did you pick it up for if you don’t mind me asking?

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!-AV

sponsored links
gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,633 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Jan 15, 2018 22:49 |  #17

AV Stills! wrote in post #18541951 (external link)
That’s great! I bet your enjoying that new camera. How much did you pick it up for if you don’t mind me asking?

It's complicated. The actual cost was $3100 but that included a Canon Canon Pro-100 ($400) selling unopened box new now. Included a Canon grip ($309) selling unopened box now. 50 sheets LU-101 paper. ($60) also selling. 64g mem card ($40) keeping, and a $350 AMEX rebate. With the rebate and selling I figure my out of pocket is going to be about $2200, $2300.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

pappusrkr
Joined Dec 2017
Jan 15, 2018 22:50 |  #18

I do. I started shooting on DSLr since 2007 with my 450D, then to 40D, but during 2011 till 2016 I kind of got off the hobby. Started again since last year August with my first full frame. Just being a hobby I didn't wanted to invest too much on gear. I took the suggestions of many and purchased 2 good L lenses and choose to buy a decent condition used 5D MKii instead of a newer model or a new body. I know its a 10 years old model now, and much advanced models are available these days. It serves my purpose as I am more into landscapes and non-static subject photography, I know its limitations on focusing taking portraits or action shots compared to its newer versions, but I can bear it as none of my work are professional level.

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4708/38906661404_ee6afbfdf4_b.jpg

Alveric
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2011
Canada
Post has been edited 1 month ago by Alveric.
Jan 15, 2018 23:13 |  #19

LOL, I started out with a 450D/XSi too! (Which I still have and still use.)

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

AV ­ Stills!
THREAD ­ STARTER
37 posts
Joined Jan 2018
San Diego, Ca
Jan 15, 2018 23:51 as a reply to gjl711's post |  #20

Wow! Not bad at all! Enjoy!

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!-AV

James ­ Crockett
167 posts
Joined May 2017
Jan 16, 2018 16:04 |  #21

I use the 5dmark ii as well. Other than the autofocus it's a good camera.

RPCrowe
Cream of the Crop
7,658 posts
Joined Nov 2005
San Diego County, California, USA
Post has been edited 28 days ago by RPCrowe.
Jan 25, 2018 22:25 |  #22

I was shooting my general photography (especially action) with the 7D2 and 7D cameras. I use a 70-200mm f/4L IS lens to shoot my dog portraits and I dearly love this lens.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

However, at times I did not have enough room to back up and capture larger dogs or several dogs at 70mm with a crop camera. I decided that I wanted a full frame camera which would cover more area at the same lens to subject distance using the 70mm end of the lens. Since I found a 5D2 at a very good price used, I purchased it and I am quite happy with it.

Lately, I have used the 70-200mm on the full frame camera and a 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens on my 7D2. This gives me equivalent focal lengths of from 70mm to 560mm with no gap but a slight overlap between 160mm and 200mm which I have on both cameras.

This is a really nice combination of cameras and lenses. I found a new 6D2 at a very good price and I am evaluating this camera. The jury is still out on that one...

BTW: The images are a lot sharper than they look here. This is a Snip It Tool copy of my smugmug.com page...

See my images at http://rpcrowe.smugmug​.com/ (external link)

sponsored links

1,359 views & 12 likes for this thread
Canon 5DII?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.