Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 08 Jul 2017 (Saturday) 13:24
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

7D Mark III and 90D in early 2018?

Archibald
You must be quackers!
Joined May 2008
Calgary
Jan 17, 2018 14:02 |  #121

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18543179 (external link)
Exactly!

Canon's goal is not to give us great cameras.

Rather, their goal is to get as much money from us as possible, while keeping their expenditures as minimal as possible. . They are more successful at this than any other interchangeable lens camera manufacturer.

Any 7D mark 3 specs will be based on maximizing profits for the company, not on pleasing photographers any more than they absolutely need to.

Yes, any company has a responsibility to their shareholders to maximize returns.

Pentax Spotmatic F with 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 135/3.5; Canon digital gear
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK

sponsored links
SYS
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2004
Gilligan's Island
Jan 17, 2018 14:08 |  #122

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18543179 (external link)
Exactly!

Canon's goal is not to give us great cameras.

Rather, their goal is to get as much money from us as possible, while keeping their expenditures as minimal as possible. . They are more successful at this than any other interchangeable lens camera manufacturer.

Any 7D mark 3 specs will be based on maximizing profits for the company, not on pleasing photographers any more than they absolutely need to.

I agree. Each time Canon came out with a new camera model, I felt that they've intentionally left out a lot of things so that they can make the most profit from it. I also knew that their next model would be incrementally "improved." Well, while that has been their strategy up to now, thanks to Sony, Nikon and other industry rivals' innovative leadership, Canon is now basically saying that they'll do better:

https://fstoppers.com ...ng-edge-technology-211086 (external link)

We'll see. The only reason why I haven't jumped to Sony and Nikon so far is because of the photographic "system" that I had built around Canon for the past few decades. I refused to upgrade my Canon camera body for the past few generations of camera models. Based on the "rumored" 7DIII specs, I place what little hope I have left on it to go with my 5DIII.

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear & DIYs

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,786 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been edited 1 month ago by TeamSpeed.
Jan 17, 2018 15:06 |  #123

I keep seeing that article come up, but I fail to see where anything related to DSLRs came up in the interview. If anything it sounded like they were going to concentrate on the markets that really bring in business, and what was listed was specifically not photographic in nature.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,636 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Jan 17, 2018 15:20 |  #124

SYS wrote in post #18543197 (external link)
I agree. Each time Canon came out with a new camera model, I felt that they've intentionally left out a lot of things so that they can make the most profit from it. I also knew that their next model would be incrementally "improved." Well, while that has been their strategy up to now, thanks to Sony, Nikon and other industry rivals' innovative leadership, Canon is now basically saying that they'll do better:

https://fstoppers.com ...ng-edge-technology-211086 (external link)

We'll see. The only reason why I haven't jumped to Sony and Nikon so far is because of the photographic "system" that I had built around Canon for the past few decades. I refused to upgrade my Canon camera body for the past few generations of camera models. Based on the "rumored" 7DIII specs, I place what little hope I have left on it to go with my 5DIII.

I had the D500 in the cart and must have had the curser on the buy button 2 dozen times but I really like my lenses, Canon ergonomics and menu systems better. Lot's invested as well over the years. Nothing wrong with my 7D2 but I have a mini revolt once in a while just knowing Canon won't put their top AF into their flagship crop body. Like Commodus said in Gladiator. "It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed." :-)

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Archibald
You must be quackers!
Joined May 2008
Calgary
Jan 17, 2018 15:32 |  #125

digital paradise wrote in post #18543261 (external link)
I had the D500 in the cart and must have had the curser on the buy button 2 dozen times but I really like my lenses, Canon ergonomics and menu systems better. Lot's invested as well over the years. Nothing wrong with my 7D2 but I have a mini revolt once in a while just knowing Canon won't put their top AF into their flagship crop body. Like Commodus said in Gladiator. "It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed." :-)

Compare your gear to what you had 10 years ago, and you might feel better. :-)

Pentax Spotmatic F with 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 135/3.5; Canon digital gear
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,636 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Jan 17, 2018 15:40 |  #126

Archibald wrote in post #18543278 (external link)
Compare your gear to what you had 10 years ago, and you might feel better. :-)

Good point. :-)

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
42,113 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Jan 17, 2018 15:50 |  #127

Oh great, now my 10 year old camera is junk. :rolleyes: :p

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Ah-keong
Joined Apr 2016
Jan 18, 2018 01:35 |  #128

"I am gonna squeeze whatever is remaining in the toothpaste tube"

:p

Canon 7D Mark II | BG-E16 | Canon EF-S 10-18mm | Sigma DC 18-35mm ART | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2,8L IS II
Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT |
Olympus E-PL3 | M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm PRO
Manfrotto BeFree Travel Tripod |

sponsored links

8,624 views & 66 likes for this thread
7D Mark III and 90D in early 2018?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.