Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 26 Dec 2017 (Tuesday) 07:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Which 2x TC for my 70-200 2.8LII ?

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,050 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Jan 19, 2018 23:29 |  #16

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #18532762 (external link)
... Much to their own surprise the Kenko 1.4 MC4 DGX, the most humble extender of them all (and the cheapest), was the best overall.

They must have a different meaning for the term "overall"

With a modern Canon body, on certain lenses the MkIII T-Cons offer AF capabilities that the Kenko can not match. so maybe "overall" actually means something more specific?

Sadly the OP's 6D will not be able to take full advantage of the MkIII T-cons specific AF advantages.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,050 posts
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Jan 19, 2018 23:30 |  #17

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18533194 (external link)
The MKIII of the Canon TCs address some of the AF speed issues, I believe....

On a 6D there will be NO difference in AF performance between the MkII and MkIII sadly.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,050 posts
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Jan 19, 2018 23:35 |  #18

Larry Weinman wrote in post #18537028 (external link)
It is my understanding that the 70-200 f2.8 ll is the only series ll lens that does not benefit by the chip in the Canon 2X lll teleconverter. I tried the 2X lll on my 70-200 f2.8 ll and it is a dog as far as AF speed and the AF gets easily confused when focusing near the minimum focus. I have the 100-400ll and that focuses quickly even when the 1.4 is attached.

Fascinating. The 70-200mm II is one lens I have not had a chance to try the MkIII.

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18537031 (external link)
I am pretty sure the AF improvements are restricted to the long fast primes like Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens, Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens, Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM Lens and Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM Lens.

100-400mm MkII.
When using 5D4 for example, the difference between MkII and MkIII T-cons is substantial in the AF dept. None of Canon's previously imposed mandatory AF slow down "for focus precision" and all points active @ F/8.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS

3,531 views & 4 likes for this thread
Which 2x TC for my 70-200 2.8LII ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.