Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 12 Jan 2018 (Friday) 06:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Adobe - error processing a page

kripakrip
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2018
Jan 12, 2018 06:22 |  #1

While working with the completed form pdf the following message appears - "There was an error processing a page. Invalid Function resource."
Now when I open the form the program does not respond, How to be in this case ?!?

sponsored links
Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Jan 12, 2018 06:55 |  #2

That could be a corrupt PDF file.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/jefflowe.ca (external link)

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Jan 12, 2018 07:58 |  #3

What program are you using?

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

kripakrip
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2018
Jan 18, 2018 13:25 as a reply to BigAl007's post |  #4

I use Photoshop CS3
tried to restore various free utilities from the network, until the results are not pleased (

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,675 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been edited 1 month ago by John from PA.
Jan 18, 2018 14:32 |  #5

kripakrip wrote in post #18543841 (external link)
I use Photoshop CS3
tried to restore various free utilities from the network, until the results are not pleased (

Are you sure CS3 has the ability to open a PDF?

joeseph
"smells like turd"
Joined Jan 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
Post has been edited 29 days ago by joeseph.
Jan 18, 2018 21:18 |  #6

John from PA wrote in post #18543888 (external link)
Are you sure CS3 has the ability to open a PDF?

It does - I use it quite often to convert & edit building site plans from pdf to jpg

Kripakrip - you might want to try installing CS3 to another machine if you have access to any, to work out if it's the application or the file that has the issue. Does CS3 open other types of file without error? (i.e. jpg etc?)

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
3,127 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Post has been edited 26 days ago by davesrose.
Jan 22, 2018 14:39 |  #7

The PDF may not be corrupt: it could be a more recent version of PDF. If it's more recent, and has newer features, it's not going to open in CS3 (think CS3 supports Acrobat 8). For viewing PDFs, you can download the new Adobe Acrobat viewer for free.

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
Jan 22, 2018 15:39 as a reply to davesrose's post |  #8

It depends how the pdf file was saved. They can be saved with compatibility going back many versions.
Some versions such as pdfx-1/a are almost universally compatible.

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
3,127 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Post has been edited 26 days ago by davesrose.
Jan 22, 2018 15:47 as a reply to ThreeHounds's post |  #9

Yes, but *it depends*. As stated, if a particular feature in the original PDF is from a newer version, it won't open in a previous version (especially going back to 8). At least viewing it in a current version of Adobe Acrobat will confirm if its corrupt.

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

imageguy74
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Dec 2017
Jan 25, 2018 05:20 |  #10

kripakrip wrote in post #18539236 (external link)
While working with the completed form pdf the following message appears - "There was an error processing a page. Invalid Function resource."
Now when I open the form the program does not respond, How to be in this case ?!?

I upgraded from CS3 to CS6 two years ago, but the CS6 just couldn't function well on a retina screen. Anyway, I'm usually a "Free-stuff " kind of person. Have you thought about getting some free alternatives https://www.1and1.co.u​k ...tives-to-adobe-photoshop/ (external link) for your basic stuff? I mean Adobe wins hands-down on the really advanced stuff, but GIMP is also a really powerful free software!

sponsored links

482 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe - error processing a page
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.