Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Astronomy & Celestial Talk 
Thread started 24 Jan 2018 (Wednesday) 08:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Blue Moon with Eclipse Jan 31st

Celestron
Cream of the Crop
8,457 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 24, 2018 08:35 |  #1

Anyone going to take pictures ?

http://shadowandsubsta​nce.com/20180131/Eclip​setimesCST.png (external link)

http://spaceweather.co​m/ (external link) , change date to 1-24-18 on right side for archive .

Inspeqtor
I never knew that!
6,359 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 27, 2018 23:55 |  #2

How do I find what time the eclipse will start/end in my part of the country? I have heard for people on the east coast it will be morning time.

I live in the Midwest; Indiana

I would guess i won't be able to get pictures because in Indiana this time of year we have more clouds than we have clear skies :oops:

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
1,443 posts
Gallery: 664 photos
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited 3 months ago by Capn Jack.

Jan 28, 2018 06:15 |  #3

Inspeqtor wrote in post #18550646 (external link)
How do I find what time the eclipse will start/end in my part of the country? I have heard for people on the east coast it will be morning time.

I live in the Midwest; Indiana

I would guess i won't be able to get pictures because in Indiana this time of year we have more clouds than we have clear skies :oops:

It will be morning time for you too, but a little "earlier" because I think you are in the next time zone from the east coast. You may not see the entire eclipse as the moon is setting then for you.
Here are the timings for Indianapolis:
https://www.timeanddat​e.com/eclipse/in/usa/i​ndianapolis (external link)

I hope to take pictures on the way into work.

Celestron
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,457 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 28, 2018 06:47 as a reply to  @ Inspeqtor's post |  #4

Look on www.spaceweather.com (external link) page , upper right corner is Archive dates . Change to Jan 24th and click view . When it changes look for the eclipse map and below it has links for each time zone in the USA , choose your time zone for your correct map time .

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,530 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 30, 2018 18:02 |  #5

So I was planning on shooting this in Vegas, but after reading the above post I got the time way off! I thought for some reason it would be at moontise. But its at moonset. I will still shoot it, but I will have to switch my location to be west facing .

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

497 views & 2 likes for this thread
Blue Moon with Eclipse Jan 31st
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Astronomy & Celestial Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.