Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Thread started 29 Jan 2018 (Monday) 11:04
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Printer

photobug7d
Joined Jun 2010
Jan 29, 2018 11:04 |  #1

I have a Epson Stylus Pro 4900 with one completely plugged nozzle (c/vm). I have tried everything from windex to eject and recharging the nozzles along with several power clean through the service program which is sold on the internet and used by the service technicians.
Wondering if anyone else with this same printer has had the same issue.

teekay
Goldmember
2,717 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Feb 02, 2018 18:05 |  #2

Google is your friend! Check out this site - one of many that might help you:

https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=yyVRONzrCV8 (external link)

I had similar situation on a Canon printer and found the answer to almost anything is out there on YouTube these days.

photobug7d
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2010
Feb 04, 2018 10:08 as a reply to teekay's post |  #3

I have seen that video and watched pretty much every video on YouTube in that regard. The problem is one does not know if it is the damper unit that needs replacing or not.
Not a cheap try unit in Canadian funds runs you near $500.
Take into account all the ink and maintenance cartridges it uses one may be better off to garbage it and buy a new one.
Loved the printer when it was working but am now ticked I spent 2,000 and is now trash.

518 views & 0 likes for this thread
Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Printer
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.