Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 05 Feb 2018 (Monday) 00:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 70/80D Cage?

kcrossley
252 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 05, 2018 00:30 |  #1

Can someone recommend a cage that works well with the Canon 70 and 80D cameras? Thanks!

Cameras/Lenses: Canon 80D, Canon 70D, Canon 18-55mm, 50mm, 10-18mm, and 55-250mm Lenses
Accessories: Case Logic SLRC-206 Backpack, Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT, Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote, Davis & Sanford TR653C-V9 Carbon Fiber Tripod, Aputure Amaran HR672 LED Light Kit, Kamerar DF-1M Softboxes

sponsored links
Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,555 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Feb 05, 2018 00:38 |  #2

You may want to elaborate, just a bit.

Tom,
Film gear: Elan 7NE / Elan 7 / EOS T2
Yashica FX-D (x2) & FX-3 Super 2000 / DSB 28mm f/2.8 / 50mm ML f/2 / 135mm ML f/2.8 / Sigma Zoom-gamma II 21-35mm f/3.4.2 / Yashica ML 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 / Tokina 70-210mm ML f/4.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,879 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 05, 2018 01:13 |  #3

kcrossley wrote in post #18556567 (external link)
Can someone recommend a cage that works well with the Canon 70 and 80D cameras? Thanks!

Bassat wrote in post #18556571 (external link)
You may want to elaborate, just a bit.

Yes, it would be helpful if you would explain what you mean by "cage". . I have never heard of such a thing for a DSLR and don't know what you mean.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
3,626 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 05, 2018 01:33 |  #4

I use an old bird cage. After my parakeet died I didn't need it any more. ;-)a

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

crofter
184 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Post edited 3 months ago by crofter.

Feb 05, 2018 01:58 |  #5

He wants something like this for video work I assume,
https://www.amazon.co.​uk …=8-4&keywords=camera+cage (external link)

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/70718847@N02/ (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,358 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Feb 05, 2018 02:43 |  #6

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #18556580 (external link)
I use an old bird cage. After my parakeet died I didn't need it any more. ;-)a

No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting. ;-)a

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,660 posts
Gallery: 515 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 05, 2018 07:00 |  #7

I have a Neewer 15mm rod shoulder support system that I use as a shoulder stock when shooting aircraft with my 150-600. The quality of most of it is fine, apart from the screws that is. The silly little non adjustable quick releases are just rubbish. Still at those prices you can't go wrong.

That was easily dealt with though. I just went to the local commercial fastenings supplier and got some decent quality stainless socket head machine screws to replace them. Most small places like that have a cash sales counter, I think I spent an extra couple of pounds for the screws I used. Or you could go with anodised ones if you really want it to look pretty. One other advantage of going to the local supplier was that I could take the bits in and make sure that the sizes and lengths were all correct.

This is how I have mine set up.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from BigAl007's gallery.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from BigAl007's gallery.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

kcrossley
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 10, 2018 15:35 as a reply to  @ BigAl007's post |  #8

Yes, I wanted it for video work. Here's what I ended up getting: https://www.amazon.com …age_o02_s01?ie=​UTF8&psc=1 (external link)

Cameras/Lenses: Canon 80D, Canon 70D, Canon 18-55mm, 50mm, 10-18mm, and 55-250mm Lenses
Accessories: Case Logic SLRC-206 Backpack, Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT, Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote, Davis & Sanford TR653C-V9 Carbon Fiber Tripod, Aputure Amaran HR672 LED Light Kit, Kamerar DF-1M Softboxes

sponsored links

925 views & 3 likes for this thread
Canon 70/80D Cage?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.