Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Feb 2018 (Thursday) 00:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My ISO and shutter went back to the default after screen went to sleep

southwestform
59 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Feb 08, 2018 00:35 |  #1

I saved some settings to the C1, C2 options on the dial of my 5dm3 earlier and I think I was in C2 and I needed to boost the ISO and change my shutter a bit, and I stopped taking photos for a little bit and the screen of the camera went off and when I reactivated it all of my changes, reverted back to those of the C2 saved settings. Is there any way to stop it from doing this when shooting in one of the C modes?

Thanks.

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
1,927 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined Nov 2016
Post edited 3 months ago by DaviSto.

Feb 08, 2018 01:46 |  #2

In the 'Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)' menu, set 'Auto update set' to 'Enable'. That should fix it.

It's not a perfect solution because it then means that you lose the base settings that you initially entered in the custom shooting mode. To avoid that, you could instead disable 'auto power off' mode (Tools menu set) as part of the relevant custom mode base settings themselves, leaving auto-update disabled. That is going to burn a little juice but not a whole lot, I would imagine. This way, after you have powered down, the next time you use the relevant C1-3 setting it will have reverted back to your base custom setting again.

David.
Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
11,790 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited 3 months ago by apersson850.

Feb 09, 2018 04:52 |  #3

I do something in between. I set the timeout to four minutes in the Cx modes.
Why Canon can't implement a temporary update is beyond me. That is, let it update the settings during the session, but don't let these updates survive a power down or change to another mode. That would in one bold stroke eliminte 98% of all complaints about the custom modes.
It would also mean that if you just want to return to the baseline, simply switch out of the custom mode and immediately back in again, and you have your original stored setting back.

Anders

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

562 views & 2 likes for this thread
My ISO and shutter went back to the default after screen went to sleep
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.