Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 06 Aug 2015 (Thursday) 07:51
Prev/next

Glamour & Nude Critique Corner

BlakeC
"Dad was a meat cutter"
Joined Jul 2014
West Michigan, USA
Aug 06, 2015 07:51 |  #1

Maybe I'm blind and missed it, but shouldn't we have a Critique Corner specifically for "Glamour & Nude?"

Glamour & Nude photo sharing is separated from the rest because it is a different genre, but also because of its NSFW content or at least that is my impression. I see people posting in the Glamour & Nude, which is in the "Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment," and then get CC comments on their posts. When I view something in the "Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment" section, it seems rude to critique anything.

So, I think it would be appropriate to have a CC section specifically for Glamour & Nude.

Blake C
BlakeC-Photography.com (external link)
Follow Me on Facebook (external link) , Instagram (external link), or Google+ (external link)
80D |70D | SL1 - Σ 18-35 1.8 ART, Σ 50-100 1.8 ART, Σ 17-50 2.8, Canon 24 2.8 Pancake, Canon 50 1.8 STM, Canon 10-18 STM, Canon 18-135 STM

mike_311
Checking squirrels nuts
Joined Mar 2011
Aug 06, 2015 14:46 |  #2

they usually mark C&C welcome inside the post. in which case feel free to comment or offer criticism.

Canon 5d mkii | Tamron 24-70/2.8 | Canon 85/1.8 | Canon 135/2L
Olympus EPL7 | Panasonic 20/1.7 | Olympus 45/1.8
www.michaelalestraphot​ography.com (external link)
Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | About me

jamespringle819
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Feb 2018
Feb 09, 2018 11:55 |  #3

Is there still a Glamour & Nude section under "Photo Sharing and Visual Enjoyment" I can't see it if there is. Enjoying reading the hints and tips in Photography talk but seeing the poses and trying to understand what has been done is as useful

PhotosGuy
75,057 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Feb 09, 2018 12:14 |  #4

jamespringle819 wrote in post #18560088 (external link)
Is there still a Glamour & Nude section under "Photo Sharing and Visual Enjoyment" I can't see it if there is. Enjoying reading the hints and tips in Photography talk but seeing the poses and trying to understand what has been done is as useful

It is necessary that you obtain G&N posting privileges before posting G&N material. Here is how to do that: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=842973

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

jamespringle819
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Feb 2018
Feb 09, 2018 12:29 as a reply to PhotosGuy's post |  #5

Unless I am being particularly dense I should be able to see it but not post. Is there a link to it?

monty28428
Cream of the Crop
9,960 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007
Carolina Beach
Feb 09, 2018 12:35 |  #6

Maybe you hid it by accident..

Click Index
Click Filter -> Make sure Glamour and Nude is not Hidden.

jamespringle819
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Feb 2018
Feb 09, 2018 12:38 as a reply to monty28428's post |  #7

Yes it was hidden, thanks for the help

BasAndrews
Cream of the Crop
12,658 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Jan 2011
Bristol UK
Feb 11, 2018 02:42 |  #8

I have had the best critique from the good folk in the G&N forum. I know I have improved because of it.
It does mean I need to keep shooing glamour or nude, but that is a price I am willing to pay.
:)

Basexternal link

2,557 views & 1 like for this thread
Glamour & Nude Critique Corner
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.