Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 14 Dec 2017 (Thursday) 09:49
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

First Time Engagement Shoot/Wedding

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Post has been edited 2 months ago by mdvaden.
Dec 22, 2017 20:20 |  #16

juliusmagno08 wrote in post #18522984 (external link)
awesome pictures. thank you for sharing!!

Some good, but the next reply opens the door for a different vote and food for thought.

elrey2375 wrote in post #18521964 (external link)
Lots of shadows in weird places in the engagement stuff. Wedding stuff is much better.

Comments like yours seem more realistic in regards to the OP's request for feedback. In the engagement photos, the position of subjects, composition, shadows and streaks of light just don't correlate with the wedding photos.

The wedding photos look much better.

I suspect they have a better handle on indoor or covered shooting, and may need to try new variations on outdoors.

None of the locations seemed easy, so a lot are pretty nice considering that and time.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

Umali
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2014
Jan 08, 2018 18:14 |  #17

mdvaden wrote in post #18524338 (external link)
Some good, but the next reply opens the door for a different vote and food for thought.

Comments like yours seem more realistic in regards to the OP's request for feedback. In the engagement photos, the position of subjects, composition, shadows and streaks of light just don't correlate with the wedding photos.

The wedding photos look much better.

I suspect they have a better handle on indoor or covered shooting, and may need to try new variations on outdoors.

None of the locations seemed easy, so a lot are pretty nice considering that and time.

Thank you guys. I appreciate all the suggestions. Definitely going to adjust for the future shoots.

Umali Photography flickr (external link)

fotografnuntabrasov
40 posts
Joined Apr 2016
Brasov
Jan 25, 2018 10:30 |  #18

My man! nice pictures, relaxed and natural

Fotograf nunta Brasov (external link) | Albume digitale (external link)
Canon 6D | Canon EF 35 f1.4 L II | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L II | Canon 70-200 f2.8 L II IS | Canon 16-35 f4 L IS

ammo
208 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Cornwall, UK.
Feb 10, 2018 02:18 |  #19

Lovely photos mate!

Check me out :)
Wedding Photographer Cornwallexternal linkMy Facebookexternal link
My Flickrexternal link
Cornwall Wedding Photographerexternal link

loganmiller6
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Feb 2018
Feb 11, 2018 17:28 |  #20

Looks great! Depending on how big your "crew" will be in the future, I can really see you benefiting from a diffuser on some of those hard light shots from the sun in mid-day. But of course if it is only you on location, then you have less flexibility for things like that. Regardless, they look great.

Musician, Photographer, Videographer, Editor, Recording Engineer
--Sony Mirrorless User--

1,684 views & 2 likes for this thread
First Time Engagement Shoot/Wedding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.