At a small club called The Saint in Reno, Nevada USA. This club has such terrible light I emailed the band and asked them if I could put up some remote flashes and they agreed. I had a 4 flash setup, one stage left and one stage right pointing straight up with a bounce shield protecting the crowd from the flash and softening it for the artists. I had one behind the drummer with a diffuser pointing forward for backlighting. Then I had a small one (Canon 280exII) on-camera point forward to hit the intended subject. My previous shots from this venue were very tough to edit and never did come out good.
My original plan was to attach the flashes to the backs of the big speakers they used to have on stage but when I got there they had new speaker hanging from the ceiling so I ended up just gaffer taping them to the floor so the light was awkward coming from the ground upward. I shot in Aperture Priority so the exposure was determined by the ambient lighting and the flashes mainly just filled in the shadows and didn't mess with the natural colors that were present. I dialed the flashes down between -2 to -3 F stops so they wouldn't over power the ambient light. This was my first attempt at this, comments are much appreciated.
Full Set Link: Click Here
2. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23x3WjB SABO0070e by WackyBush, on Flickr
3. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23x3W6v SABO0090e by WackyBush, on Flickr
4. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23x3VZt SABO0096e by WackyBush, on Flickr
5. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23x3VwV SABO0174e by WackyBush, on Flickr
6. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23x3Vo8 SABO0210e by WackyBush, on Flickr
7. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23x3Vh6 SABO0227e by WackyBush, on Flickr
8. IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/24QuTP1 SABO0267e by WackyBush, on Flickr