Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 29 Mar 2018 (Thursday) 02:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zn5

olafs ­ osh
I am a nice and fluffy dude
1,866 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 29, 2018 02:48 |  #1

Guys. Good news :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,747 posts
Gallery: 134 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 27 days ago by Tom Reichner.

Mar 29, 2018 10:21 |  #2

I love the way you composed this image. If there was any more of the scene in any direction, it wouldn't be as good as it is now.

One thing I noticed about the image is the way it is balanced. Her right shoulder is a bit higher than her left shoulder. . The right shoulder is also brighter than her left shoulder. . This gives a little more tonal value to the left side of the frame ....... but then her left hand and fingers balance that out by giving tonal value to the right side of the frame.

One thing I've noticed in this image and other images of Zane are her hands and fingers - they are so long and slender, which I find to be an unbelievably attractive asset. . I wonder if there would be a way to shoot her that places visual emphasis on her hands and fingers, hence drawing attention to one of her most alluring qualities. . Perhaps holding a cigarette or .........

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

atsilverstein
Goldmember
1,254 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Mar 2015

Mar 29, 2018 13:03 |  #3

It's been a while but I'm enjoying seeing growth in people's work. As Tom mentioned she has beautiful hands .. perhaps experiment with placing in a different way. Sue Bryce has a good video on hand placement. The crop is different.. makes me want to look at her nose instead of her eyes for some reason. Overall lovely model and work, as always with your signature style.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,442 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Mar 29, 2018 14:26 |  #4

olafs osh wrote in post #18596178 (external link)
Guys. Good news :)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by olafs osh in
./showthread.php?p=185​96178&i=i184637496
forum: Critique Corner

You got married? :)

I made this a Best Of because it is unconventional, captivating, and interesting. When you break the conventional rules of composition so well, it is worth a prize.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.0 Changelog (installed here now)

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,866 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 29, 2018 16:53 |  #5

Hohoo! Sweet! I'll drink for that in foreseeable future! And the good news was, that Zane is liked over here at CC forum :D

Tom! I couldn't even imagine a possibility you will not mention her long legs and arms - I still remember your comment on that one pic from the kitchen :D And you are spot on with that toning there!

I will surely shoot her another [third] time somewhere in the future - then we'll see.

Angela - I'll check it out ;]

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,747 posts
Gallery: 134 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 30, 2018 11:44 |  #6

olafs osh wrote in post #18596583 (external link)
Tom! I couldn't even imagine a possibility you will not mention her long legs and arms - I still remember your comment on that one pic from the kitchen :D And you are spot on with that toning there!

Well, everyone notices her spectacularly long legs! . So I didn't think it necessary to reiterate the obvious ..... particularly since those legs weren't part of this particular photo.

However, fewer people ever notice fingers and hands, even when they are as exquisite as Zane's ..... and so I thought that mentioning them here may cause others to take notice of something they otherwise might not really see. . Very few women have super-long, slender fingers like Zane has ..... they are truly a rarity.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,866 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 30, 2018 16:32 |  #7

Thomas. Dug this up just for you, my man!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

- Olafs Osh

AZGeorge
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 31, 2018 19:15 |  #8

olafs osh wrote in post #18597227 (external link)
Thomas. Dug this up just for you, my man!
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by olafs osh in
./showthread.php?p=185​97227&i=i146735892
forum: Critique Corner

This one would be even better if you were not in trouble with her. <G>

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,866 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 01, 2018 01:39 as a reply to  @ AZGeorge's post |  #9

I did not get it :]

- Olafs Osh

drmaxx
898 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 01, 2018 02:30 |  #10

Not much more to say: I agree fully with Tom.
Sublime.

Donate if you love POTN

AZGeorge
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 01, 2018 14:22 |  #11

olafs osh wrote in post #18598019 (external link)
I did not get it :]

Chin up.
PLUS
Looking up and away.
PLUS
Not even a hint of a smile.
PLUS
Arms crossed.
PLUS
Olafs was there.
EQUALS
Olafs is in some sort of trouble. Being the kind and wonderful person he is the trouble may not be deserved. <G>

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,866 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 02, 2018 04:40 |  #12

Hahah! Also, apparently, he's a bit on the slow side :D

- Olafs Osh

sponsored links

574 views & 22 likes for this thread
Zn5
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.