Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 04 May 2018 (Friday) 09:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma Art f/1.4 20mm vs 24mm

Nethawked
784 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

May 04, 2018 09:09 |  #1

I'm having a really, really tough time deciding between these two lenses. I've been reading reviews for weeks and waiting for a sale. I am primarily a concert photographer, this lens will of course be used in low light situations and to capture wide shots of events, including crowd and stage. My greatest concern with Sigma in general is low light AF, and I understand the 20mm is better than the 24mm. The 24mm I realize will be slightly more versatile, yet people rave about the 20mm. The last bit of angst is in the weight of the lens and bulbous front - not such a big deal because I'm not likely to use filters.

Any comments, comparisons from anyone who has owned and/or used either of these?

bildeb0rg
Goldmember
2,572 posts
Gallery: 162 photos
Joined Oct 2006

May 04, 2018 11:28 |  #2

I don't know the sigma line up, but when i shot a lot of concerts, my go to lens was a 20mm. Loads of depth of field wide open and i enjoyed the light gathering of f2.8.

Nethawked
THREAD ­ STARTER
784 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

May 04, 2018 12:24 |  #3

bildeb0rg wrote in post #18619398 (external link)
I don't know the sigma line up, but when i shot a lot of concerts, my go to lens was a 20mm. Loads of depth of field wide open and i enjoyed the light gathering of f2.8.

Good to know. I use 16-35mm f/2.8 frequently, and also occasionally pull out a Sigma 15mm diagonal fisheye, but I break out into cold sweats thinking of being separated from my 70-200mm!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

345 views & 1 like for this thread
Sigma Art f/1.4 20mm vs 24mm
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.