Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 10 May 2018 (Thursday) 10:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Quick MC-11 EF to E mount review.

PJmak
634 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2009

May 10, 2018 10:28 |  #1

I am using a Sony a6500 with the canon 70-200 f4l(nonIS)

The bad:

-First thing I noticed is a little bit of play between the adapter and the lens. I can live with this but my $15 basic adapter didn't have this so I am a little bummed out I guess.
-As you might know, AF in video mode is completely useless which is ok with me. This is my photo lens and I dont mind manual focus video.
-Low light performance is poor. Camera will hunt for focus and most times it'll eventually get t but you'd be better off using MF in low light. When I say low light I mean for example a living room with the door open and natural light coming in, minimum artificial lights. It helps to be properly exposed.
-The lens makes a loud noise for a split second when the camera is turned on and off. I am pretty sure it wasn't doing this when I had it mounted on a Canon body. This doesn't effect the lens and camera performance at all but I am wondering if its normal??
-AFS AFC, and AF flexible spot modes only available which is plenty. Flexible spot seems seamless. It makes the canon feel like a native lens in average/good light.

The good:

-I like the design, its not a bulky adapter and I prefer the lack of tripod mount on it.
-Packaging was good and it came with a cable which is used to upgrade the firmware on the adapter(I haven't done this yet btw)
-Overall I am very satisfied with the performance. I dont mind MF but with such a long focal length, its hard to always get a perfectly crisp shot.

Viewbug (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

153 views & 0 likes for this thread
Quick MC-11 EF to E mount review.
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.