Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
Thread started 01 Oct 2015 (Thursday) 14:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Post edited 6 months ago by TooManyShots.

Nov 01, 2017 22:52 as a reply to  @ post 18486616 |  #46
bannedPermanent ban

Thanks...I managed to update my Adobe Camera Raw first to version 9 before it could open any raw, or tiff, or even PSD file..at least files generated by my Nikon D7200 raw files. I have to select Open As and to select the file, either raw, tiff, or psd, and select Camera Raw. Only then...the file could be opened in the Camera Raw. Is cool I could open my PSD file under Camer Raw. So, I could leave the defringing process last in my work flow....

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
ejenner
Goldmember
3,614 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Nov 01, 2017 23:17 as a reply to  @ TooManyShots's post |  #47

Ooh, hadn't thought about opening PSD files in Camera Raw. That might come in handy one day. Saves having to save another tiff.

Edward Jenner
5DIII, 7DII, M6, GX1 II,M11-22, Sig15mm FE,16-35 F4,TS-E 17,Sig 18-250 OS Macro,M18-150,24-105,T45 1.8VC,70-200 f4 IS,70-200 2.8 vII,Sig 85 1.4,100L,135L,400DOII.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/48305795@N03/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/edward.jenner.372/p​hotos (external link)

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 01, 2017 23:32 as a reply to  @ ejenner's post |  #48
bannedPermanent ban

Yeah..you can't open it directly from Bridge but only through Open As in CS...and select Camera Raw...

Facebook (external link)

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Post edited 6 months ago by TooManyShots.

Nov 03, 2017 16:52 |  #49
bannedPermanent ban

I spent much of the late afternoon polishing my car's headlight cover. They were all oxidized and foggy. Not anymore. The CA was dealt with in CC Camera Raw. The CA was largely confined to the OOF area though.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Facebook (external link)

ejenner
Goldmember
3,614 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 25, 2017 23:34 |  #50

For 'normal' bokeh I don't think this lens is bad, definitely better IMO than the 50 1.4. However, it's not the prettiest for bokeh balls. I could have smoothed them out a bit, but.... yea that's quite onion-y.

HOSTED PHOTO

Edward Jenner
5DIII, 7DII, M6, GX1 II,M11-22, Sig15mm FE,16-35 F4,TS-E 17,Sig 18-250 OS Macro,M18-150,24-105,T45 1.8VC,70-200 f4 IS,70-200 2.8 vII,Sig 85 1.4,100L,135L,400DOII.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/48305795@N03/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/edward.jenner.372/p​hotos (external link)

culturejam
193 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

May 14, 2018 20:37 |  #51

Just got one of these over the weekend. Overall, I really dig it. It's useably sharp wide open, and really sharpens up nice around f/2.5. It's definitely got vignetting until about f/3.5 or f/4, but it's easily controlled in PS or Lightroom via the lens profile correction.

Frankly I think the focusing is accurate but a little pokey. But it has a super-nice feel to it. High-speed AF isn't something I generally care about, so I'm good.

As others have noted, the weakest point of this lens is the chromatic aberration. It's not *bad* but there's more than I had hoped. It's most prominent wide open and reduces as you stop down until about f/5.6.

The VR (IS) is pretty darn good. It's quiet and effective.

Here is a shot at f/1.8 1/640 @ ISO 100 on a Canon 6D. And also a 100% crop of the same shot. No corrections except very slight sharpening from RAW to JPEG. I typically strip EXIF on export, sorry.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

www.tightcamera.com

sponsored links

11,649 views & 22 likes for this thread
Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD
FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.