Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 22 Dec 2004 (Wednesday) 08:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

First Attempt

KarinaB1970
627 posts
Joined Oct 2004
Palm Bay, FL
Dec 22, 2004 08:32 |  #1

This was my first attempt at a portrait. Not having any studio lighting or accessories, I had only the light over our dining room table, an amber floor lamp which gives off very little light and a small workshop kind of light with a single regular bulb in it. I tried keeping the lights lit on the tree but I kept getting reflections in the lens :( Might look a little pinky in the skin tones at this size, but I prefer it this way at 100% since his skin appears very pale if I tone down the reds.

Fairly happy with the results considering the conditions. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

(I just grabbed him before dinner and threw him in front of the tree, I didn't dress him for the ocassion (this time) LOL)

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Karina Brach
http://karinabrach.smu​gmug.comexternal link

sponsored links
*MOMOFAIRFORCEBRATS*
382 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Dec 22, 2004 09:22 |  #2

over all a good shot next time move the big blue packag. its a bit distracting being the brightest part of the image.

cute kid

Ann Snelson
www.annsnelson.comexternal link
Canon 20D ( my new baby)
Canon Digital Rebel; 50mm 1.4;
28mm 2.8;85mm 1.8; 75-300 4.0,

stoneylonesome
Barn Stormer
10,460 posts
Joined Aug 2003
Connecticut, USA
Dec 22, 2004 11:07 as a reply to *MOMOFAIRFORCEBRATS*'s post |  #3

Nice photo, I think you did a comendable job, I do agree with the blue package. PS is to a different or softer color :lol: :lol:

the name is Winston but they call me Sandy
"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Flowing River Photosexternal link

OneManArmy
212 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Dec 22, 2004 11:40 |  #4
banned

It looks like a flash was used; did you use an on-camera flash?

(2) MkII's, 24-70L, 70-200L, 300 2.8, 400 2.8, Oops! I fell asleep at work again! :o

KarinaB1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
627 posts
Joined Oct 2004
Palm Bay, FL
Dec 22, 2004 13:22 as a reply to OneManArmy's post |  #5

OneManArmy wrote:
It looks like a flash was used; did you use an on-camera flash?

Actually, yes I did! I forgot. I had done so many without, but I just did not have enough light in the house. :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

Karina Brach

OneManArmy
212 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Dec 22, 2004 13:27 as a reply to KarinaB1970's post |  #6
banned

KarinaB1970 wrote:
Actually, yes I did! I forgot.

It looks like a flash was used; it has a slightly flat, "cold" kind of look to it. But don't get me wrong, it's a nice shot except for the blue box people pointed out.

(2) MkII's, 24-70L, 70-200L, 300 2.8, 400 2.8, Oops! I fell asleep at work again! :o

KarinaB1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
627 posts
Joined Oct 2004
Palm Bay, FL
Dec 22, 2004 15:05 as a reply to OneManArmy's post |  #7

OneManArmy wrote:
It looks like a flash was used; it has a slightly flat, "cold" kind of look to it. But don't get me wrong, it's a nice shot except for the blue box people pointed out.

I asked for feedback, dont worry I can take it :D I agree, the built in flash always gives things a "flat" look, but it's all I have at the moment. That's why I tried it so many ways before resorting to the built in flash unit. Guess I should've asked Santa for some decent lighting. Maybe next year....my list this year was WAY too long LOL

Karina Brach

sponsored links

2,386 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Attempt
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.