Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 27 Dec 2004 (Monday) 09:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

She Bites

poke
THREAD ­ STARTER
380 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Perth, Western Australia
Dec 27, 2004 20:17 as a reply to post 363146 |  #16

Thanks for the encouragement, it means alot.

One question about the AWB. I have the 10D. Does AWB on the 10D work as well as the 20D?

Canon 50D, 400D, 24-105mm f4L, 50mm f1.8, 100mm f2.8, 580EX
Canon Fodderexternal link

charlesu
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2003
Somewhere south
Dec 27, 2004 20:41 as a reply to poke's post |  #17

poke wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement, it means alot.

One question about the AWB. I have the 10D. Does AWB on the 10D work as well as the 20D?

No, sorry, I don't think it does. The 20D is remarkable. Truly amazing in that regard.

Short of that, check out the tool I posted. You can get basically the same thing in a camera store from Wescott except it is missing the DVD and you need the DVD instructions.

Good luck with your work.

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

OneManArmy
212 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Dec 27, 2004 22:05 as a reply to charlesu's post |  #18
banned

charlesu wrote:
No, sorry, I don't think it does. The 20D is remarkable. Truly amazing in that regard.

Charles, interesting suggestion. I just upgraded to the 20d from a rebel and with the rebel I always had to shoot a coffee filter since the AWB was absolutely horrible. I shot a fight one time and was disgusted with how yellow all the shots were due to the tungsen light at the event.

Are you saying I should try AWB again and abandoned custom wb? If no, what guidelines to use it vs. when not to? Thanks

(2) MkII's, 24-70L, 70-200L, 300 2.8, 400 2.8, Oops! I fell asleep at work again! :o

charlesu
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2003
Somewhere south
Dec 28, 2004 07:58 as a reply to OneManArmy's post |  #19

OneManArmy wrote:
Charles, interesting suggestion. I just upgraded to the 20d from a rebel and with the rebel I always had to shoot a coffee filter since the AWB was absolutely horrible. I shot a fight one time and was disgusted with how yellow all the shots were due to the tungsen light at the event.

Are you saying I should try AWB again and abandoned custom wb? If no, what guidelines to use it vs. when not to? Thanks

Well I don't claim to be an authority but since you asked.....

If you get perfect results from your method, no need to change. However, when you don't have a good means to get a custom white balance, AWB on the 20D is pretty impressive. If I'm shooting snaps, I often use AWB on the 20D and the 1DMKII. If I am shooting something more serious, then I use the target.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

OneManArmy
212 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Dec 28, 2004 18:56 |  #20
banned

THanks Charles. Maybe I'm just paranoid after having shot an event once with AWB on my rebel; oh man, what a mistake that was. Yellow EVERYWHERE.

(2) MkII's, 24-70L, 70-200L, 300 2.8, 400 2.8, Oops! I fell asleep at work again! :o

4,810 views & 0 likes for this thread
She Bites
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.