License of Rights
AGREEMENT, entered into as of the _____ day of ___________, 20 _____, between _______________,
located at _______________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Client”) and_______________, located at _______________
(hereinafter referred to as the “Photographer”) with respect to the licensing of certain nonelectronic rights in the Photographer’s photograph(s) (hereinafter referred to as the “Work”).
1. Description of Work. The Client wishes to license certain nonelectronic rights in the Work which the Photographer has created and which is described as follows:
Title_______________ Number of images_________
Form in which work shall be delivered  computer file (specify format _______________)
 original transparency (size ___________)  dupe (size ___________)
2. Delivery Date. The Photographer agrees to deliver the Work within _____ days after the signing of this Agreement.
3. Grant of Rights. Upon receipt of full payment, Photographer grants to the Client the following nonelectronic
rights in the Work:
For use as_______________in the_______________language
For the product or publication named_______________
In the following territory_______________
For the following time period_______________
With respect to the usage shown above, the Client shall have nonexclusive rights unless specified to the contrary
If the Work is for use as a contribution to a magazine, the grant of rights shall be for one time North American
serial rights only unless specified to the contrary above.
If the Client does not complete its usage under this Paragraph 3 by the following date_______________, all
rights granted but not exercised shall without further notice revert to the Photographer without prejudice to the
Photographer’s right to retain sums previously paid and collect additional sums due.
4. Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved to the Photographer, including but
not limited to all rights in preliminary materials and all electronic rights. For purposes of this agreement, electronic rights are defined as rights in the digitized form of works that can be encoded, stored, and retrieved from
such media as computer disks, CD-ROM, computer databases, and network servers.
5. Fee. Client agrees to pay the following:  $__________ for the usage rights granted, or  an advance of $____
to be recouped against royalties computed as follows _______________
6. Additional Usage. If Client wishes to make any additional uses of the Work, Client agrees to seek permission
from the Photographer and make such payments as are agreed to between the parties at that time.
7. Alteration. Client shall not make or permit any alterations, whether by adding or removing material from the
Work, without the permission of the Photographer. Alterations shall be deemed to include the addition of any
illustrations, photographs, sound, text, or computerized effects, unless specified to the contrary here__________
8. Payment. Client agrees to pay the Photographer within thirty days of the date of Photographer’s billing, which
shall be dated as of the date of delivery of the Work. Overdue payments shall be subject to interest charges of _____ percent monthly.
9. Loss, Theft, or Damage. The ownership of the Work shall remain with the Photographer. Client agrees to assume
full responsibility and be strictly liable as an insurer for loss, theft, or damage to the Work and to insure the Work
fully from the time of shipment from the Photographer to the Client until the time of return receipt by the Photographer. Client further agrees to return all of the Work at its own expense by registered mail or bonded courier which provides proof of receipt. Reimbursement for loss, theft, or damage to any Work shall be in the
Both Client and Photographer agree that these specified value(s) represent the fair and reasonable value of the
Work. Unless the value for an original transparency is specified otherwise in this paragraph, both parties agree
that each original transparency has a fair and reasonable value of $1,500 (Fifteen Hundred Dollars). Client agrees
to reimburse Photographer for these fair and reasonable values in the event of loss, theft, or damage.
10. Samples. Client shall provide Photographer with _____ samples of the final use of the Work.
11. Copyright Notice. Copyright notice in the name of the Photographer  shall  shall not accompany the Work when it is reproduced.
12. Credit. Credit in the name of the Photographer  shall  shall not accompany the Work when it is reproduced. If the Work is used as a contribution to a magazine or for a book, credit shall be given unless specified to the contrary in the preceding sentence.
13. Releases. The Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Photographer against any and all claims, costs,
and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to uses for which no release was requested, uses which exceed the uses
allowed pursuant to a release, or uses based on alterations not allowedpursuant to Paragraph 7.
14. Arbitration. All disputes arising under this Agreement shall be submitted to binding arbitration before ________
_______________ in the following location _______________
and settled in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the arbitration
award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Disputes in which the amount at issue is less than $____________ shall not be subject to this arbitration provision.
15. Miscellany. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties. Its terms can
be modified only by an instrument in writing signed by both parties, except that the Client may authorize expenses or revisions orally. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions hereof. This Agreement shall
be governed by the laws of the State of _______________.
In Witness Whereof, the parties hereto have signed this Agreement as of the date first set forth above.
Authorized Signatory, Title