FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 26 Feb 2008 (Tuesday) 19:37   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

fire34fighter
Joined Jan 2008
261 posts
Montgomery County, MD
[MORE/SHARE]

For anyone who hasn't heard already, canon is holding a huge, multi-nation photo competition....Some HUGE prizes up for grabs.

http://ta.canon-europe.com/index.php?c​c=gb&lc=enexternal link

I'd advise people living in the following countries to watch the video found at that link:
The following 18 (eighteen) countries: Andorra/Spain, Austria, Belgium/Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, San Marino/Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom/Ireland and Slovakia.

Post #1, Feb 26, 2008 19:37:26

-Brian
My Gear
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fire34fighterexternal linktheFireguysphotos.comexternal link -NEW!
Use zVh7SmiUkyywM when signing up with smugmug.com to save $5!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Rubi ­ Jane
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2005
1,827 posts
Waterdown, ON
[MORE/SHARE]

Very cool competition - I hope some of the POTN'rs over in Europe enter. Would be even better for some to do real well & win some gear too ;)

Post #2, Feb 26, 2008 20:06:32

Lindsey
Gear - Ontario Sports & Event Photographyexternal link - Hamilton & Burlington Portrait Photographyexternal link - Blogexternal link

fire34fighter
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2008
261 posts
Montgomery County, MD
[MORE/SHARE]

yeah I messaged a moderator to try and get them to spread the word with a mass PM or something...Kinda bummed I can't take a shot at it because I live in the US...

Post #3, Feb 26, 2008 20:20:40

-Brian
My Gear
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fire34fighterexternal linktheFireguysphotos.comexternal link -NEW!

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

fire34fighter wrote in post #5002480external link
yeah I messaged a moderator to try and get them to spread the word with a mass PM or something...Kinda bummed I can't take a shot at it because I live in the US...

Thanks for the heads up.

Though a mass email or mass pm is out of the question. Pekka (the owner) do not use mass emailing/pms for things like this, in fact in the time I have been member he only used mass email once for a serious outage. But I will make this thread a sticky.

Post #4, Feb 27, 2008 01:01:32

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED
Best Regards Tommy
My Photosexternal link -=- about.meexternal link -=- My Facebook, if you add me please send me a pm alsoexternal link
GAPS Africa I 2007 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa II 2008 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa IV 2011 photosexternal link -=- GAPS = Great African Photo Safari

fire34fighter
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2008
261 posts
Montgomery County, MD
[MORE/SHARE]

Ahhh okay, well thanks any way...Hopefully people will read this.

Post #5, Feb 27, 2008 05:50:38

-Brian
My Gear

sponsored links
Rob612
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2005
2,456 posts
Rome, Italy
[MORE/SHARE]

Rubi Jane wrote in post #5002410external link
Very cool competition - I hope some of the POTN'rs over in Europe enter. Would be even better for some to do real well & win some gear too ;)

Well I just did. Dunno if I ever win something but im gonna enter the portrait section. :)

Post #6, Feb 27, 2008 08:18:18

www.raphotography.euexternal link

Don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash.
Anonymous

Robuk
2011 SMWYG Photographer of the Year
Joined Jun 2006
870 posts
God's Country......N Wales UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Pro's can't enter :cry: :cry:

Post #7, Feb 27, 2008 09:19:40

Freelance Photos North Wales
www.fpnw.co.ukexternal link
New Web Site now on line :)

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

btw remember to read the terms and conditions.

Extract:

4.1.1 Any User expressly agrees that by entering into the Competition (whether national Competition or the Assignment), he/she automatically grants to Canon and its affiliates the non-exclusive, free of charge and royalty-free right to sub-license, use, reproduce and/or display in any format and support any Photograph that he/she uploads on this Website or, if relevant, that he/she takes during the Assignment, for the purpose of supporting and promoting internally and externally on the Internet and in Europe Middle East and Africa for a period of two years from the date of entering the Competition:

Full terms: http://ta.canon-europe.com/index.php?p​g=tc&cc=gb&lc=enexternal link

Post #8, Feb 27, 2008 09:27:50

Best Regards Tommy
My Photosexternal link -=- about.meexternal link -=- My Facebook, if you add me please send me a pm alsoexternal link
GAPS Africa I 2007 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa II 2008 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa IV 2011 photosexternal link -=- GAPS = Great African Photo Safari

Rubi ­ Jane
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2005
1,827 posts
Waterdown, ON
[MORE/SHARE]

tommykjensen wrote in post #5005736external link
btw remember to read the terms and conditions.

Always good to read the T&Cs. That extract isn't that bad. So many competitions I've seen have the entrant transfer copyright over to the competition! Non-exclusive, royalty free license would be something I'd be willing to accept for such a competition.

Post #9, Feb 27, 2008 15:34:20

Lindsey
Gear - Ontario Sports & Event Photographyexternal link - Hamilton & Burlington Portrait Photographyexternal link - Blogexternal link

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2005
10,088 posts
Surrey
[MORE/SHARE]

Hmmm! the implied target participants are from beginner upwards so I may just register to open the chance and see how I go?

A quick read of the rules - an entry is a single image in one of the 4 catagories only. And though 'you' keep copyright it does sound like you are giving away a lot of reproduction rights or have understood that wrongly?

Post #10, Mar 01, 2008 06:37:41

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memoryexternal link | Flickrexternal link | >>>My 500px<<<external link
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity
>>>>>That first Exhibition a success now the hard work begins <<<<<:lol:

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

Box Brownie wrote in post #5025602external link
Hmmm! the implied target participants are from beginner upwards so I may just register to open the chance and see how I go?

A quick read of the rules - an entry is a single image in one of the 4 catagories only. And though 'you' keep copyright it does sound like you are giving away a lot of reproduction rights or have understood that wrongly?

Yes you give Canon and associated companies license to use your photo any way they want for 2 years.

Post #11, Mar 01, 2008 07:14:41

Best Regards Tommy

sponsored links
spudson
Joined Apr 2006
40 posts
east of Edinburgh
[MORE/SHARE]

Nah its a fix, don't enter the competition.

Now If I could get this message out to everyone with a camera, maybe I'd have a better chance?:oops:

But seriously, thanks for the link fire34fighter.

I've registered to enter, maybe not much chance to win, but its gotta be good education to have a go?

good luck everyone who enters.

Maybe, if Canon don't mind, we could start a post of entries. Or would that be given too much away?

cheers

David

Post #12, Mar 03, 2008 07:39:25 as a reply to tommykjensen's post 2 days earlier.

My gear Canon EOS: 5d3/60D/ 350D/ EOS 1N/ 3000 (ask your grandad);
EF 24-70, EF 70-200,EF 50 f1.4; EF40mm f2.8 STM

Sigma: 17-35 f2.8-4; 24-70 f2.8; 70-200 f2.8,
Sirius (no really) 500 mirror f8
http://www.davidspiers​.comexternal link

tinnunculus
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2008
6 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

for the purpose of supporting and promoting...what does that mean?

Post #13, Mar 25, 2008 09:04:21

fire34fighter
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2008
261 posts
Montgomery County, MD
[MORE/SHARE]

I think it means that they could use it to say "look what canon cameras can produce"...

Post #14, Apr 02, 2008 20:07:27

-Brian
My Gear

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2005
10,088 posts
Surrey
[MORE/SHARE]

tinnunculus wrote in post #5186896external link
for the purpose of supporting and promoting...what does that mean?

fire34fighter wrote in post #5248244external link
I think it means that they could use it to say "look what canon cameras can produce"...

Hmmm! nothing in the T & C's says that the submissions must be taken with Canon kit and when I last looked at the gallery some were even taken with Noink's :rolleyes:;) And the one image I am thinking of offering is form my old (now sold) KM A2.

Post #15, Apr 03, 2008 02:25:13

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memoryexternal link | Flickrexternal link | >>>My 500px<<<external link
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity
>>>>>That first Exhibition a success now the hard work begins <<<<<:lol:

LIST NEARBY THREADS
7,505 views & 0 likes for this thread
"The assignment" - Canon Europe competition
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES