Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th of March 2008 (Fri)   #1
suprajoe

Default Joe's Intro

Hello! I joined this forum about a week or so ago and it has been really great. I am a member of multiple forums, non-photo related, and I must say that this has to be one of the most "mature acting" forum I have been a member of. So I thought it was time to introduce myself and then I have a question.

My name is Joe Barnes. I live in Kyle, TX. I am a former Marine! I am also a Director for The Training Camp. I am over the Microsoft, CompTIA, Linux, and Apple (my favorite) classes, course, and instructors for the company. I actually teach the Microsoft Engineer and Apple classes as well. I really enjoy technology.

I have a Canon XT with a Canon 28-135 IS and 70-300 w/2 way IS (don't know if that is they way you are suppose to put it or not.) I have to say that I am hooked. I want to learn more about digital photography. Not only still images but I am soon going to get a Canon HD XH A1. I am so excited about it all. I just hope that one of these days I can get as good as most of you guys/gals.

Now for my question. I did a search and didn't find too much. I am looking at getting some photography training. I have The Digital Photography Book v1 and v2. I cannot afford the time to go to a college course so I am looking at DVD or Internet. I found this on eBay today:
http://stores.ebay.com/myfotografica
Anyone have any experience with these products?
What would you guys/gals suggest for DVD or Internet training?

Thank you so much and sorry for such a long intro.
suprajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member