Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 28 Mar 2008 (Friday) 19:41
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

I Think This Could Be Restored

mtnphtgrphr
POTN Photographer of the Year 2008

15,250 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Land O'Sky
Mar 29, 2008 19:26 |  #16

You could've asked the dog who owned it... ;) Like the way those shots turned out!

Jenn, gone back to novice photographer...
GEAR LIST http://...

sponsored links
Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!
Mar 29, 2008 22:38 |  #17

Thanks...the dang dog wasn't talking...I asked him.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book,external link Refrigerator Artexternal link and What I Really Think Aboutexternal link

mtnphtgrphr

15,250 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Land O'Sky
Mar 29, 2008 22:40 |  #18

Woolburr wrote in post #5221094external link

If we'd have given him enough space he might have spelled it out in bite marks on one of us.... :p

mtnphtgrphr

15,250 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Land O'Sky
Mar 29, 2008 23:09 |  #19

Woolburr wrote in post #5221094 (external link)

Ya know what is such a riot... I cropped my shot of this dog exactly the same way! <insert Twilight Zone Muzak>

IMAGE: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/mom2sean_n_alex/IMG_6131_edited-1.jpg

Tumeg
Goldmember
1,823 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Orange County, California
Mar 29, 2008 23:49 |  #20

Who cares about getting it running...
Would be a GREAT prop for you to use for portraits! Model, senior, kid\baby, anything! Just park it in your park yard :-p

| Canon 5D Mk II | Canon 17-40MM F/4L | Canon 50MM F/1.4 | Canon 85MM F/1.8 | Canon 580EX II |

WMWARD2
362 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Manassas, VA, USA
Mar 30, 2008 00:09 |  #21

I think you are right about it being a 1952, I had a 1951. That flathead only puts out 80 hp, so I would recomment a 302 replacement and a Falcon front end with disk brakes. I do like the deep red color and remember the red paint from those days was kind of chalky looking. Heck, that truck is 7 years younger than I am!

Wally
Gear List

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
Mar 30, 2008 00:18 |  #22

Tumeg wrote in post #5221442external link
Who cares about getting it running...
Would be a GREAT prop for you to use for portraits! Model, senior, kid\baby, anything! Just park it in your park yard :-p

It would make a great prop....no doubt...the paint is rough but it has a certain depth to it...I think it could be buffed and given a fair sheen.

You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book,external link Refrigerator Artexternal link and What I Really Think Aboutexternal link

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
Mar 30, 2008 00:21 |  #23

WMWARD2 wrote in post #5221519external link
I think you are right about it being a 1952, I had a 1951. That flathead only puts out 80 hp, so I would recomment a 302 replacement and a Falcon front end with disk brakes. I do like the deep red color and remember the red paint from those days was kind of chalky looking. Heck, that truck is 7 years younger than I am!

I was thinking a 48 block with Edelbrock heads and a triple deuce intake. I just like the flathead for the looks...not all that crazy into performance. But the Falcon front end with disks is a near must...

vdubtornado
181 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Portland, OR
Mar 30, 2008 05:12 |  #24

th first one looks great!! the second one looks a bit odd, but thats just cuz the rear end isnt very flattering on those trucks!! hehe

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
Mar 30, 2008 08:55 |  #25

vdubtornado wrote in post #5222448external link
th first one looks great!! the second one looks a bit odd, but thats just cuz the rear end isnt very flattering on those trucks!! hehe

No bumper and no tail lights add to the confusion. :D

PhotosGuy
74,827 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Mar 30, 2008 09:11 |  #26

I think Frank was a little confused before coffee this morning....the only Chevy motor going in a Ford I own would be the one in a box riding in the bed of the truck!

:D Well, I'd never put a Chevy in a Mopar, but a Ford is fair game & a lot of guys here use them. The idea behind that suggestion is cheap fun & it's pretty hard to hurt a 350.
Look carefully at the right side license bracket on this one:
'30 Model A Coupe 350

If it were mine, I'd put a 383 in it. ;)

I was thinking a 48 block with Edelbrock heads and a triple deuce intake. I just like the flathead for the looks...not all that crazy into performance. But the Falcon front end with disks is a near must...

They look good & I'm with you on that, but spending that kind of money for 1950's performance takes away the "fun factor" for me. I could probably live with the "302 replacement and a Falcon front end with disk brakes." mod, though.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

Karl ­ C
Goldmember
1,953 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Now: N 39°36' 8.2" W 104°53' 58"; prev N 43°4' 33" W 88°13' 23"; home N 34°7' 0" W 118°16' 18"
Mar 30, 2008 10:26 |  #27

Woolburr wrote in post #5221564external link

I dunno...I'd like it better stock with the original engine. Part of its panache and appeal is to putter along some country roads, imagining the nostalgia and what it was like back then.

Anyone know the MPG for an 80hp flathead? :lol:

Gear: Kodak Brownie and homemade pin-hole cameras. Burlap sack for a bag.

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
Mar 30, 2008 22:40 |  #28

PhotosGuy wrote in post #5223198external link
:D Well, I'd never put a Chevy in a Mopar, but a Ford is fair game & a lot of guys here use them. The idea behind that suggestion is cheap fun & it's pretty hard to hurt a 350.
Look carefully at the right side license bracket on this one:
'30 Model A Coupe 350

If it were mine, I'd put a 383 in it. ;) They look good & I'm with you on that, but spending that kind of money for 1950's performance takes away the "fun factor" for me. I could probably live with the "302 replacement and a Falcon front end with disk brakes." mod, though.

I am more of a purist...I like my Fords to be Fords and my Chevys to be Chevys...I wouldn't own a Chrysler product...so you can put whatever in one of them. ;)

I helped a friend do a frame up restore on a '56...complete with the original 6 banger...unfortunately all the photos and negs of the project were destroyed in a fire in his shop.

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
Mar 31, 2008 09:50 |  #29

Karl C wrote in post #5223522external link
I dunno...I'd like it better stock with the original engine. Part of its panache and appeal is to putter along some country roads, imagining the nostalgia and what it was like back then.

Anyone know the MPG for an 80hp flathead? :lol:

40 MPG would be sweet. :lol: Around here we don't have enough straight road to appreciate anything more than 80hp anyway!

sponsored links

2,020 views & 0 likes for this thread
I Think This Could Be Restored
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.