Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 26 Apr 2005 (Tuesday) 09:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding Photography Contracts

poolstok
123 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 26, 2005 09:00 |  #1

I am starting wedding photography now as well, but I need a contract between me and the client that will protect me in case the card goes bonkers or the camera breaks or whatever the buggerup may be....

Anybody have a good link for this?

Thanx

Later

Johan

sponsored links
Columbus ­ Photo
331 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 26, 2005 09:32 |  #2

http://www.nebs.com (external link)

reidr
67 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Apr 29, 2005 20:35 |  #3

1. It takes the bride's mind off the fact that her life has just veered off a paved superhighway onto a dirt road which in all probability leads to a trailer park whose residents walk around barefoot and toothless.

I am sitting here LMAO....
Bloo has once again been called to arms over a wedding question...

Your Signature Here! :)

PhotosGuy
75,176 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Apr 29, 2005 21:04 |  #4

If you screw up, ALWAYS blame the lab. That's what they're there for. You don't actually believe that you're paying them a couple hundred dollars every week just to print those awful dark prints, do you? NO! They're there to accept part of the blame for the groom's misshapened head and the bride's slightly yellow dress!

ROTFLMAO!

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

DocFrankenstein
Cream of the Crop
12,324 posts
Joined Apr 2004

May 01, 2005 10:42 as a reply to  @ post 525979 |  #5

Bloo Dog wrote:
I'm horrible, aren't I?

Far from it, but I envy your model of the self-other relationship. :lol:

National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.

Vegas ­ Poboy
950 posts
Joined Aug 2003

May 01, 2005 15:05 as a reply to  @ DocFrankenstein's post |  #6

I use the NEBS photography contracts, they work well and cover the model release within the fine print.

$$$ in Canon Gear & Lighting Equipment

poolstok
THREAD ­ STARTER
123 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 03, 2005 00:47 |  #7

:)

Thanx Bloo. Not only was this quite informative and helpfull, but the read was a good way to start a Tuesday after a long weekend!I love your sense of humour!

Later

Johan

hitech
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Jan 2005

May 04, 2005 22:49 |  #8

Here:

ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Your Company Name Here and the CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to add or change this agreement is to do so in writing, signed by all the parties.

RESERVATION: Upon your signature, Your Company Name Here will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation Deposit of $500.00 dollars is non-refundable, even if date is changed or wedding cancelled for any reason, including acts of God, fire, strike, and extreme weather. The Reservation Deposit is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The Reservation Deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. Client understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due no later than (2) weeks before the Wedding Day. Client agrees if the balance is not paid by this time, Your Company Name Here will NOT photograph the Wedding Day described on the contract with no liability to Your Company Name Here and loss of Reservation Deposit by Client.

PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the event date in order to finalize the actual shooting times, locations, and CLIENT'S request list (in writing) for specific photographs. The client will be responsible for, or have someone designated, to identify people of whom specific photographs are desired. The photographer will not be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying people or gathering people for photograph(s). The bride and or groom agree to set aside at least 30-minutes of time before the ceremony commencement of the wedding and a 45-minute time frame afterward for photographs that cannot be obtained during the wedding including group shots. If the bride's or grooms late arrival prevents this 30-minute window from occurring the photographer shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs.

COOPERATION: The parties agree to cheerful cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. Your Company Name Here is not responsible if key individual’s failure to appear or cooperate during photography sessions or for missed images due to details not revealed to Your Company Name Here. Your Company Name Here recommends that CLIENT designate an "event guide" to point out important individuals for informal or candid photographs to the photographer (see above) during the wedding that they wish to have photographed.

SHOOTING TIME / ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of the CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties. CLIENT and Your Company Name Here agree that cheerful cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential to that purpose. Shooting commences at the scheduled start time.

HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of ceremony official or reception site management. CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is CLIENT's responsibility; Your Company Name Here will offer technical recommendations only.

DIGITAL NEGATIVES, PRINTS and COPYRIGHTS: The photographs, digital negatives or prints produced by Your Company Name Here are protected by Federal Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without Your Company Name Here explicitly written permission. The Client must obtain written permission from and compensate Your Company Name Here prior to the CLIENT or its friends and relatives publishing or selling the photographs for profit.

MODEL RELEASE: The CLIENT hereby grants to Your Company Name Here and its legal representatives and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the CLIENT or in which the CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising and any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The CLIENT hereby releases Your Company Name Here and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs.

EXCLUSIVITY / GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY: It is understood that Your Company Name Here will be the exclusive and only wedding photographer. The CLIENT acknowledges that they are responsible for notifying all of their guests that guest photography is not permitted at any time the professional photographer’s are working. Your Company Name Here suggests that a separate notice be placed in the invitations. The formal photography time is for the express use of the studio to capture the formal wedding portraits. Because of time constraints and the need for subjects to give full attention to the professional photographer, guest photography cannot be permitted. Your Company Name Here will allow guests to take snapshots during the processional and recessional, during candid events at the church, and at the altar during the time the studio equipment is being packed up. Guest photography at the reception will be allowed at any time. In return for this consideration the studio insists no other guest photography take place when or where Your Company Name Here is working.

COOPERATION: The CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. The CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, etc.) to provide any needed information and cooperation to the photographer. Coordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography as scheduled. The clients should share the photography schedule with other service providers to make sure that there are no conflicts with times. In addition, events during the wedding day should be planned to make the best use of time from all vendors. Your Company Name Here will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behavior, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography will seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of photos that must be created. If the CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. We understand that in such an event, no refunds will result.

COMPLETION SCHEDULE: Digital processing takes approximately 2 weeks. Creation of a wedding album 6-10 weeks and enlargements 1-2 weeks, and possibly longer when laboratory and bindery schedules are heavy.

PAYMENTS: CLIENT agrees that $500 deposit is required at the time of contract and 100% of the remaining balance is due at least 14 days prior to the event date.

PURCHASE OF DIGITAL NEGATIVES: If the CLIENT desires a copy of the high resolution digital negatives, a CD can be purchased for $200 or it will be given FREE with purchase of a Basic, Standard or Deluxe or Higher Packages)

PENALTY FEES & CHARGES: There is a $50 charge on checks returned for any reason. There is a $35 late payment fee for any payments that are not postmarked or delivered to Your Company Name Here by the required date.

RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL: The studio's discovery of new information, changes, or other factors tending to circumvent its policies could result in its withdrawal. Non-cooperation; changes of locations, facilities or times available; missed appointments; bad or returned checks, or late payments are examples of contributing factors. Should the studio initiate the withdrawal, all fees and deposits will be returned, excepting fair market value for all services/products already provided. In case of withdrawal, $75 an hour is billed for all photography services already provided, and $20 an hour is billed for all other services, consultations, and all driving time, rounded up to the nearest half-hour. If the studio withdraws -- the client will not be billed for any services in excess of their deposits (except if deposit was in form of returned checks).

LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergency it could be necessary to retain a different photographer. Your Company Name Here will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. Your Company Name Here takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation, and processing the photographs including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event those photographs have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Your Company Name Here control, Your Company Name Here liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.

PERFORMANCE: The performance of this contract on behalf of Your Company Name Here shall be contingent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and / or conditions beyond its control.

SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.

AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognized as the entirety of the agreement, and only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, signed and dated by the CLIENT and the studio at the time of this contract’s signing shall be recognized as amendments to this contract.

Gary Harfield
Hi-Tech Photo Services (external link)
Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip Canon 10D & BG-ED3 Grip, Canon 16-35 2.8 L Sigma 20mm 1.8, 17-35mm f/2.8-4.0, Canon 17-55 (20D)
Sigma 70-200 2.8 Canon 580EX Flash, Canon 550EX Flash, LightSphere II Lumiquest Pocket Bounce, Vosonic 2160 (80GB) Hand-Held Photo Storage

tim
Light Bringer
50,906 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 04, 2005 23:17 |  #9

Googling "wedding contract" bought back lots of results, I just read a few and took what I wanted out of each.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

poolstok
THREAD ­ STARTER
123 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 05, 2005 07:59 |  #10

Thanx Hi Tech

I did do a search on the web, but I figured that in here I will be able to find something to the point and specific. Seems like my guess was right!

Thanx for all the help ppl!

Later

Johan

PhotosGuy
75,176 posts
Joined Feb 2004

May 05, 2005 08:14 |  #11

'negvities' : Should it be read as Neg Vites, as in when the bride, groom, MOB, or FOB are negativly alive, as in passed out on the floor? ;-)a

PhotosGuy
75,176 posts
Joined Feb 2004

May 05, 2005 09:31 |  #12

BTDT!

S230
809 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 05, 2005 11:05 |  #13

Another one to Add to Bloo Dog's Sticky: "The Wedding Files: Bloo Dog Chronicles:"

S230
809 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 05, 2005 19:28 as a reply to  @ post 533447 |  #14

Bloo Dog wrote:
LOL!

My guess was that it was like a negative invitation-- like having one's invitation revoked.

That happened to me in high school. I got uninvited from a couple of parties because I wasn't cool enough.

u are cool now... keep writing those stories... :)

pcDigiMan
300 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 08, 2005 07:59 as a reply to  @ Vegas Poboy's post |  #15

I see two references to NEBS. www.nebs.com (external link) I see you can request a free Photographer Sample Pack.

Cheers,

Bob - A Swell Guy

sponsored links

50,769 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding Photography Contracts
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.