|15th of July 2008 (Tue)||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nextdoor to Sarah Connor
POTN Challenge #129 - CELL PHONES
Challenge #129-CELL PHONES
For the purposes of this challenge you are all hereby commanded to get those creative juices flowing, and take the most creative photo you can that contains a cell phone. This contest is meant to be a little challenging, as everyone has access to a cool looking cell phone. What you do with that cool looking cell phone in your photo entry is what this is all about. This contest should really appeal to the photographer that's located between your ears.
Creativity, people. That's what I'm talkin' about!
NOTE: do not take pictures with the cell phone! that is not what this is about.
The cell phone should be the primary subject of the photo.
This challenge must be kept safe for work, so no photos of a naked lady holding a cell phone please!
I have no idea if this was used before for a previous contest, so if it has, I apologize.
You should have no shortage of subjects wherever you live so let's have lots of entries
To avoid any doubt abut the "no comments" rule, apart from the required title (photos should be named "untitled" if you can't think of one) please hold any explanations, comments or remarks about your own entry or any others until after the challenge is over. Your photo should speak for itself!
The third entry in this contest was posted after the deadline of 12:00pm GMT. Therefore, even though I think it's a worthy entry, it is not eligible for winning this photo challenge.
I liked both of the eligible photo entries. One is more artistic, and the other has a great juxtaposition of old (traditional) vs. new. However at the end of the day, I'm awarding FIRST PLACE to the 'Variety of Cell Phones' photo posted by wildabouthorses. I feel that It is well thought out, has a great range from deep black to white, and clearly uses the cell phones as the subject of the photo. You are now honored with the responsibilty of creating a new contest and judging the entries!
SECOND PLACE goes to the 'Traditional Garb, Modern Technology' photo. I feel that this is a great juxtaposition, and has many nice details. However, it is debatable what the subject of this photo could be. Is it the man? is it the phone? Is it his tunic? etc. Furthermore, I feel the the contrast could be tweaked a bit for stronger impact. I really liked it though, so thanks for posting it.
And there you have it folks. I'm looking forward to the next photo contest.
To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name and Camera Model either in the Subject line, or in the body text of your entry.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 21st July 2008.
1. Camera -- Any Canon Powershot Series Camera (SD, A-series, S1/2, & S-series only...No Pro 1's!!!)
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line or post.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
8. Hosting & Resize -- If you need assistance readying your image for entry, please PM either a moderator, or the person running this weeks challenge.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
I only exist for your entertainment.
Last edited by The_Terminator : 22nd of July 2008 (Tue) at 00:48.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Car chargers for cell phones||cowpix||The POTN Lounge||7||8th of December 2007 (Sat) 19:51|
|No cell phones while driving||bomboman||Transportation||20||2nd of November 2007 (Fri) 18:13|
|POTN G-Series Speed Challenge # 129: Streets, lanes, alleys...||teekay||Canon G-series Digital Cameras||20||1st of August 2007 (Wed) 03:40|