Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 28 Aug 2008 (Thursday) 11:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bush Hawk Shoulder Mount

bckane
885 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 28, 2008 11:26 |  #1

I'm thinking about buying the model 320D.....has anyone use one of these before. Seems to would be handy when out shooting wildlife, to bad there wasn't a local store that carries this product here in South Florida

Brian
Canon 7D-40D gripped | EF 24-105mmL | EF 100mm | EF 28-135mm | EF 70-200 F/4L | EF 135 F/2L | Sigma 17-70mm | EF 50mm 1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm | Speedlite 430EX
| Bogen 3265 | Manfrotto 055xprob and Manfrotto 488RC2 | Katz Eye Optics | Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG | ZERO Balance check book |

jacobsen1
Cream of the Crop
9,629 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 28, 2008 12:35 |  #2

I have one. Well a bush hawk, not sure which model. They're pretty nice, but be prepared to get a LOT of looks, stares and questions when using it. Also, if you use the * button to AF (or at least have the shutter disabled in the case of the 40D) then you have to monkey with your custom functions to get the camera to AF with the trigger. But w/o the looks issues, and after getting it setup it will help your stability quite a bit. You can even do the poor man's IS trick with it as well (string from the tripod socket) which makes it very stable if you're having issues.

I took the pad off an old crutch for the end and added an old strap from a bag so I didn't have to pay for their upgrades. It's very comfortable over the shoulder when walking that way.

unfortunately I don't have a pic of mine. I should get some though...

My Gear List

my sites:
benjacobsenphoto.com (external link) | newschoolofphotography​.com (external link)
GND buyers FAQ

FOR SALE: 5Dii RRS L-bracket, 430II, 12mm macro tube PM ME!

bckane
THREAD ­ STARTER
885 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 28, 2008 12:41 |  #3

Thanks jacobsen............I may just get the 220D it dont come the the shutter cord...I can make one for about 8 bucks. Yep I was thinking about the people lookin...may think Im shooting at a bird...I also get some looks when using my 200MM L they never seen a white lens before

Brian
Canon 7D-40D gripped | EF 24-105mmL | EF 100mm | EF 28-135mm | EF 70-200 F/4L | EF 135 F/2L | Sigma 17-70mm | EF 50mm 1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm | Speedlite 430EX
| Bogen 3265 | Manfrotto 055xprob and Manfrotto 488RC2 | Katz Eye Optics | Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG | ZERO Balance check book |

jacobsen1
Cream of the Crop
9,629 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 28, 2008 14:36 as a reply to  @ bckane's post |  #4

yeah, just take the white lens stare and multiply by 100.... :oops:

My Gear List

my sites:
benjacobsenphoto.com (external link) | newschoolofphotography​.com (external link)
GND buyers FAQ

FOR SALE: 5Dii RRS L-bracket, 430II, 12mm macro tube PM ME!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,318 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bush Hawk Shoulder Mount
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.