Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities
Thread started 24 May 2006 (Wednesday) 20:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Alabama members

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
Aug 27, 2008 11:53 |  #196

Yep I am on the ALSCCA Board of Directors. My dealership is providing the pace cars. I will be there working Thursday night, shooting Friday and Sunday.

The Site external linkThe Gallery external linkThe Gearexternal link

"If you really want something done, ask a busy person." Toms wife

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

You know I can't spell just sound it out. ~ me

sponsored links
Photography_By_Chrie
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Sep 10, 2008 22:10 |  #197

Chickasaw, Alabama here.....Mobile County.

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
Sep 10, 2008 22:12 |  #198

Welcome to POTN and the Alabama Thread.

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

VSBlonde
21 posts
Joined Aug 2008
Sep 13, 2008 18:01 |  #199

Hey everyone!! I'm from Decatur/Danville and i'm taking the leap into photography!!

adam8080
Goldmember
2,280 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Huntsville, Alabama
Sep 13, 2008 20:55 |  #200

Welcome! I used to live in Decatur

Housley Photographyexternal link
Camera Obscura
Business Card Help!

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
Sep 13, 2008 21:15 as a reply to adam8080's post |  #201

VSBlonde wrote in post #6301040external link
Hey everyone!! I'm from Decatur/Danville and i'm taking the leap into photography!!

Welcome. I was born and raised in Danville. Enjoy your stay!

bigken462
200 posts
Joined Feb 2006
Cullman, Alabama
Oct 23, 2008 02:55 |  #202

Cullman here. I used to post some while I was away in Iraq, but somehow fell out of reach with my POTN buddies. I'm a huge scuba diver which usually keeps me busy on my off weekends, however I would die to have a good mentor to hang with to do some outdoor foliage pictures. Lunch and fuel is on me if anyone ever wishes to take a short hop up to Fall Creek falls, Desoto or any other place I may could get some tutorship in.

Kenny

Canon EOS 30D with Battery Grip, 50mm f1.4, 17-85 f4-5.6 IS, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, 10-22mm f3.5–4.5, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 ISL, EF 100mm Macro f2.8, 12II & EF 25II Tubes, EF 1.4 & 2.0 Extenders, 580EX, Wolverine 120GB PS, Manfrontto Tripod and 501 head www.medicdiver.smugmug​.comexternal link

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
Oct 23, 2008 09:33 |  #203

hey Kenny!

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006
Jasper, AL
Oct 26, 2008 03:08 |  #204

bigken462 wrote in post #6545673external link
Cullman here. I used to post some while I was away in Iraq, but somehow fell out of reach with my POTN buddies. I'm a huge scuba diver which usually keeps me busy on my off weekends, however I would die to have a good mentor to hang with to do some outdoor foliage pictures. Lunch and fuel is on me if anyone ever wishes to take a short hop up to Fall Creek falls, Desoto or any other place I may could get some tutorship in.

Kenny

Kenny, we try to get out and shoot some... lately I have been tied up with remodeling my studio. Once I get reopen I could go on a off day... Wednesday or Sunday afternoon. Scott M. is a pretty kool fellow too. Jamie is pretty tied up, but I am sure if we were in his neck of the woods he would go.

Ryan McGill
My Gearhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=592450

bigken462
200 posts
Joined Feb 2006
Cullman, Alabama
Oct 26, 2008 03:14 |  #205

Hello Ryan, looks like someone can't sleep either. Lol. I strive to see off days, just to spend them up at night on the keyboard.

Actually will be checking out of the hotel in a few and headed back home after a weekend of diving. Grrr...dirty gear, dirty clothes, cluttered dive trailer to clean once I get there, but what a good weekend of diving.

Give me a shout sometime, I'll flip the bill for a local trip to get a few outdoor shots in. Nothing fancy of course, just looking to enjoy some fall colors.

Thanks,

Kenny

Canon EOS 30D with Battery Grip, 50mm f1.4, 17-85 f4-5.6 IS, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, 10-22mm f3.5–4.5, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 ISL, EF 100mm Macro f2.8, 12II & EF 25II Tubes, EF 1.4 & 2.0 Extenders, 580EX, Wolverine 120GB PS, Manfrontto Tripod and 501 head www.medicdiver.smugmug​.comexternal link

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006
Jasper, AL
Oct 26, 2008 03:19 |  #206

Kenny no need to flip a bill. All in good fun. There is an older shooter in Jasper that does landscape stuff. He knows some great places. My time frame will be somewhere in mid Nov. We can coordinate with Scott too. Yeah, I need to go to sleep, but have a flyer to create for church and just got home from laying wood flooring.

Ryan McGill
My Gearhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=592450

ByTheBrooke
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Florence, AL
Oct 26, 2008 19:53 |  #207

Hey all :) I have not had time to read through all 14 pages of this thread to catch up on who is who yet, but I will eventually (that'll go on my to-do list that is already alot longer than this thread!)

I'm Brooke, live in the Decatur area. Found this great forum thanks to VSBlonde my SIL. I've been "into" photography approximately 10 years now, seriously for about 3-4, really seriously about 1. I"m currently doing the NYIP courses at home, which I think have already dramatically improved my skills. I also utilize a friend down in Calera who's a pro, and she has taught me a good bit in the year I've known her. I currently shoot with a Canon 40D, with a 28-90 5.6 kit lens, and a 80-200 5.6 zoom that I used with my 35mm Rebel G. I've been using digital full time since Feb, so still fairly new to it. Most of my work is of my 2 boys, ages 8 and 1, and my 8 year old's sports, and alot of still life/scenic photography. I'm really interested in getting into macro. I enjoy having good quality portraits of my boys, but just don't enjoy portrait photography. Kids don't sit still long enough LOL. I do not have an external flash yet, working on that. I have a tripod, albeit cheap and not very good, but it beats nothing.

Anyway, rambling. Sorry. Just wanted to say hi :) Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Brooke
Gripped 7D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4, Canon 100 2.8mm Macro, etc etc.... I just love to shoot!

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
Oct 27, 2008 06:55 |  #208

Welcome to POTN and to the Alabama thread.
There is a wealth of information on POTN I am sure you'll find answers to questions and questions to anwers. You'll wind a pletra of helpful folks here.

bigken462
200 posts
Joined Feb 2006
Cullman, Alabama
Oct 27, 2008 07:01 |  #209

Hello Brooke, I'm just down the road from ya a few miles in Cullman. POTN is a gold mine of information. You can spend hours upon hours reading threads and never get bored.

James thanks to you also for saying hello the other day. I got side tracked and was not able to respond before getting covered up in work. Thats a neat avatar image you got going on there. It would make for a cool patch to be sewn on a camera bag. lol

You guys have a great week.

Kenny

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
Oct 27, 2008 10:46 |  #210

bigken462 wrote in post #6568325external link
James thanks to you also for saying hello the other day. I got side tracked and was not able to respond before getting covered up in work. Thats a neat avatar image you got going on there. It would make for a cool patch to be sewn on a camera bag. lol

You guys have a great week.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny. It does come with a story......

sponsored links

43,145 views & 0 likes for this thread
Alabama members
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.