Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family
Thread started 06 Nov 2008 (Thursday) 02:05
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Baby Ben

tft1974
58 posts
Joined Oct 2008
South Western Ontario, Canada
Nov 06, 2008 02:05 |  #1

My Son photos well, not like his parents. ISO 400, 1/80s, f4.7. Processed from RAW w/ PSE5.0. New member c&c needed.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Kissa
770 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Nov 06, 2008 07:25 |  #2

i think its a very cute shot but something about it is very distracting i just can't put my finger on what exactly is distracting me :) Cute boy though :)

Katerina.
KNE STUDIO
Photography for all your needs...
www.knestudio.com

potn_momma2
350 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Nov 06, 2008 11:41 |  #3

Kissa wrote in post #6633960external link
i think its a very cute shot but something about it is very distracting i just can't put my finger on what exactly is distracting me :) Cute boy though :)

+1 I think it's the wall that's so busy

http://photography-on-the.net ...?p=5960761&postcoun​t=1286

ByTheBrooke
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Florence, AL
Nov 06, 2008 13:50 |  #4

the wall for sure, and maybe the "extra" hooding? Adorable boy, and definitely a cute shot!

Brooke
Gripped 7D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4, Canon 100 2.8mm Macro, etc etc.... I just love to shoot!

tft1974
THREAD ­ STARTER
58 posts
Joined Oct 2008
South Western Ontario, Canada
Nov 07, 2008 13:06 as a reply to ByTheBrooke's post |  #5

I like your suggestions, I will try and make a bigger pile of leaves to hide the bricks or find another location.

Dermit
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2005
Chandler, Arizona
Nov 07, 2008 14:26 |  #6

It is lit way too evenly. Extremely flat light. Try and get some direction to the light hitting the subject. When there are zero shadows on the face our brains have trouble interpreting the shape. i think there may be a bit of a yellow colr cast as well, try cooling it down some.

Yes, the bricks are a little distracting but i would not try and hide then, just try a larger aperture to try and blur them.

5DmkII, 5DmkIII, 5DS R, 15mm, 16-35 f/2.8 II L, 100 Macro f/2.8 L, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 85 f/1.8, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX
http://www.pixelcraftp​hoto.com (external link)

sponsored links

778 views & 0 likes for this thread
Baby Ben
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.