Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Macro Talk
Thread started 07 Jan 2009 (Wednesday) 16:27
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Macro Questions

AbPho
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2009
Planet Earth
Jan 10, 2009 16:08 as a reply to post 7040543 |  #16

I think I am going to try a DIY macro. I got my hands on an old 35-105mm MACRO 1:3.2-4 Vivitar lens. For $50 I will be able to get a working lens. From there I can play around until I can afford a true Canon macro lens. This will be the better move considering the amount of hours I will be working given the current economic slump.

I thank everyone for their input. Happy bug hunting.

I'm in Canada. Isn't that weird!

AbPho
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2009
Planet Earth
Jan 10, 2009 16:27 as a reply to AbPho's post |  #17

Oh and another think. Can a 100mm prime be used to make a macro? It is another lens I found for really cheap. Comes with manual aperture and focus. Perhaps I can reverse mount the 35-105 to it. That will yield almost a 3:1 magnification.

I'm in Canada. Isn't that weird!

1,754 views & 0 likes for this thread
Macro Questions
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Macro Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.