Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 24 Feb 2009 (Tuesday) 19:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Awesome Wedding gig on CL! WA State!

ejicon
Goldmember
1,916 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Hollywood, California
Mar 03, 2009 03:05 |  #46

dfek wrote in post #7422980external link
That posting is so outrageous I have to believe that it is a joke, at least I hope it is. I see that sort of thing posted by designers a lot on Craigslist mocking cheap people who do post unbelievable requirements and offering very little compensation. You know, the ads for a Graphic Designer with 2-3 years of experience who must know Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark, Dreamweaver, Flash, and also be willing to answer phones, maybe do some dry cleaning, mow a lawn, etc. etc. All for the hefty price of $10/hr. The big thing now on Craigslist seems to be that people aren't offering low pay for their ridiculous requirements anymore. They have done away with the pay altogether and are now looking for interns with the same set of skills. Unfortunately the arts as a profession are really no longer appreciated or respected by a large percent of people.

This happens to me all the time. Unfortunately, it's always friends that need something done, need it now and don't want to pay for it. Ha ha. Sometimes, my own bosses want personal jobs done for free. How do you so no to that? :) (I'm such a push-over)

5D & 30D| Canon 16-35ii f/2.8 L USM| Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF 100 f/ 2.8 Macro USM

sponsored links
Pruddock
280 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Houston, TX
Mar 05, 2009 17:54 |  #47

ejicon wrote in post #7443800external link
This happens to me all the time. Unfortunately, it's always friends that need something done, need it now and don't want to pay for it. Ha ha. Sometimes, my own bosses want personal jobs done for free. How do you so no to that? :) (I'm such a push-over)

I like to use the "I don't think so Tim." or my other favorite - "Hoowahhhh! No." :lol:

Ruddock Visualsexternal link

photagraph
173 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Mar 05, 2009 20:31 |  #48

Wonder how many hours this is for?

Danger ­ Mouse
112 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Mar 06, 2009 13:26 |  #49

If I strap an off camera flash to my friend's dog...would that count as an assistant?

CanonLaw
THREAD ­ STARTER
633 posts
Joined Jun 2005
Tacoma
Mar 06, 2009 20:40 |  #50

Danger Mouse wrote in post #7468629external link
If I strap an off camera flash to my friend's dog...would that count as an assistant?

It should count, yes.

TheHoff
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Vancouver, BC
Mar 06, 2009 20:59 |  #51

Danger Mouse wrote in post #7468629external link

Ok this has given me a cool idea for street photography. I'm wondering what the best way is to strap a 580EX to a miniature Australian Shepherd... she is obedient enough to face forward 90% of the time.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer external link••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image lossexternal link

TheGreatDivorce
811 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Mar 09, 2009 16:59 |  #52

Somebody will take this and think they've got a great paying gig on their hands. Sad.

ocdpvw
Joined Feb 2009
Ft Wayne, IN
Mar 09, 2009 20:19 as a reply to TheGreatDivorce's post |  #53

"Champaign taste on beer budget" still does not even come close.

gear

sponsored links

5,498 views & 0 likes for this thread
Awesome Wedding gig on CL! WA State!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.