Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th of March 2009 (Tue)   #1
ToddR

Default How to photograph paintings and glass-covered artwork?

A coworker mentioned that her artist/painter boyfriend needs to have some decent pictures taken of several paintings he has done in order to post on Ebay, etc.

Sounds like some items would be "mixed media," which to me means that there are some items that have "relief" to them because of the thickness of the materials,etc. that could potentially throw small shadows. Some are typical oil paints on canvas. Some items are also already matted under glass.

Any ideas or tips for this type of photography? I am equipped with a couple of AlienBees, so hopefully I can get some diffused light over them, but the glass could be a hassle if he doesn't want to pop them open.